Just another question!

Discussion in 'Goldfish' started by phal.repth, Feb 6, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. phal.repth

phal.repth Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

I went to a Petco the other day, asking about GF and how they would do in a 36G Corner tank like mine, and one of the employees asked me if I had a heater. I said yes, and that I keep my tank at 75 F nearly all the time (except when it's hot outside, then it gets near 80 F). She said then that I wouldn't be able to have any sort of goldfish...But I read in a care sheet that temperature doesn't matter too much...I'm a little lost.

(I'm planning on having assorted small breed plecos on the bottom with a mess of drift wood and plants.)

Help?

Thank you,

_CHI_

2. Click Here!

3. LCP136

LCP136 Sailfin Tang

Goldfish are a colder water fish that generally do well at room temperature as far as I know. I, however, have never kept them, this is just what I've read, so I do hope someone with experience will chime in.

4. ReefPlayground

ReefPlayground 3reef Sponsor

Gold fish are colder water temp fish. Usually kept around 68-72F. But mid 70's and even into the 80's is not too much of a problem as they do experience these temperatures in ponds as well. I would keep your heater at around 72-75F and that should be fine for them as far as temp is concerned.

5. phal.repth

phal.repth Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

Okay! Thank you! I did think it was strange that she said if I had a heater, I couldn't keep them...After all, if they are kept outside, then they experience all sorts of different temps!

_chi_