Just added Chemi-clean...........

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by Fastlife, Jan 25, 2005.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Fastlife

Fastlife Fire Worm

Hello there everyone. I have a question about this product ( Chemi-Clean) for red slime alge. I added the recomended dose to my fish talk. My protein skimmers staretd to produce alot of bubbles. Do i need to turn them off? I already turned off my UV light. But was wondering if the protein skimmers would remove the product. Please HELP.............

2. Click Here!

3. Poppy828

Poppy828 Fire Shrimp

Yes...turn the skimmer off. The Chemi-clean is much more effective this way.

T

4. Fastlife

Fastlife Fire Worm

I have another question. The instructions say to use 1 scoop per 10 gals. After 48hrs , Repeat if needed. Does it mean to do the 20% water change after the 48hrs and then repeat the hole process again if it hasent gone away yet?........... I realy need some help???????????

5. Poppy828

Poppy828 Fire Shrimp

The initial dosage should be all you need. If not...then add half of the suggested dose a second time without the water change. After 24 hours of that second dose, then do your 20% water change.

This is straight from Chemi. 99% of the time, the first dose takes care of everything. You will not see much in the first 24 hours...but by the second morning you will see a huge change. I did.

Good luck,

T

6. Fastlife

Fastlife Fire Worm

o.k. well like you said i havent see much of a change. Its all still there. I was starting to worry that it wasnt working. ill see what happen by tomorrow , if it looks the same i will do as you said. Thanks again

Danny

7. Poppy828

Poppy828 Fire Shrimp

I also got concerned when I saw no change. How long has it been? Looks like your post was a little less than 24 hours ago. (Initial post) You should see a change by tomorrow morning, afternoon. If not, still give it the full 48 hours, even going into the next morning. If no change by Friday morning, I say add half of another dose.

Make sure the skimmer is off and any UV you might have. I also took out any mechanical filtration I had so as to not inhibit the chemi from doing it's job.

Hope that helps,

T

8. Click Here!

9. Fastlife

Fastlife Fire Worm

Yes i did turn off my skimmers and uv light . But i left my mechanical filter on. I did not want to shut that off. And yes its 24hrs as of right now. In the process of water change do i need to suck up as much of the red slime as i can , or just do a regular water change?......

10. Birdlady

Birdlady Finback Whale

I would siphon as much out as you can :D If you don't and the chemi clean kills the stuff, it will rot in your tank :eek:

11. Fastlife

Fastlife Fire Worm

Will it do anymore harm to the tank?

12. Scoffer

Scoffer Banned

Hello all. Not trying to butt in, but I also have a question.

I was wondering, which one to use for the red slime:(or any bad bacteria stuff)

Chemi-Clean (sounds like the right one to me)
    or
    PhosBan (have no idea about this one)

And will either kill coralline algea? I just got it to start growing good!

Gonna order a ro/di unit tomorrow!!! Also gonna start pimping myself out or have to get second job just for tank supplies :) !!!!!