Jordan's New 180!

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by 4G1v3N, Feb 6, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

I used a lot of Joe's Juice. You may want to start a new thread on it if you like as this topic will highjack you tank thread a bit. ;) Good luck though. I do empathize. It's a pain to deal with.

2. Click Here!

3. 4G1v3N

4G1v3N Spaghetti Worm

Well on the aiptasia, I took the one rock that had the most obvious growth on it out of the tank and soaked it in fresh water for a couple of day's. On the other growths that I couldent positively ID as aiptasia I am keeping a close eye on them. They are bright white and very furry looking, and at the top they have a polyp looking part. I have found about 8-10 of these things growing on various rocks. It would make sense to me that they would be aiptasia but I dont know yet. Planing on making the canopy today but well see how far I get. I will post pics when I build it. I also plan on getting 1 250W jbj k1 MH with a 14K bulb on tues. I will also do a prouduct review when I get the light.
    -Jordan

4. Birchell

Birchell Gigas Clam

Sounds good, I love the color of a 14k bulb. Any plans on return pumps, skimmer, or such?? I saw a 150 for sale when I got my 100 and oh man it was great, so I can just dream of how cool a 180 would be!! Good luck with that beast!! And keep the pics commin,

Michael

5. 4G1v3N

4G1v3N Spaghetti Worm

Hey thanks Michael!
    I Plan on getting a sump soon to sit next to my fuge. I was thinking of a mag 24(2400 GPH) for the return pump. The skimmer that my LFS recommended is the asm g3, I have read up about it and seems that people really love it. For the price it looks pretty good, But I plan to have some sps in there so i want to keep the water really clean. Soo If i stick with the Asm model I might have to go with the G4X rated for 450g but I want to have the option of allot of fish so the manufactuer rates it for 275g. The g4x is only 10 bucks more than the g4+, the x also adds 65g for 10 bucks its a deal!

-Jordan

6. 4G1v3N

4G1v3N Spaghetti Worm

The funniest thing about this new tank is that Im going to have to move it already! My landlord just gave us a 30 day notice beacuse he wants to move his family in! LOL, Well I wanted to make a better stand so I guess it wont be all that bad... Ill be using coral reefers article on moving a tank, Thats for sure!
    -Jordan

7. Birchell

Birchell Gigas Clam

Cool deal. Im gonna be moving my 100 some time in the future. Mybe this summer. Then I have to come back for the nano, and my 55, lol. Good luck!

8. Click Here!

9. 4G1v3N

4G1v3N Spaghetti Worm

Update

So I got some progress done today! Came home from work and built my canopy, and installed my new MH! I made the hood from 3/4 oak (not cheap), finish nails and gorilla glue. Im not completely done with it but the rough part is done. Tommrow after the glue is set up I plan to cut the canopy so I can flip it open for access. After that is done I will add 40 more lbs for LS and move my corals so I can start to acclimate them. I plan to write a how to for MH canopys and the product review on the jbj MH. Oh btw I got the 400W and I plan to get 2 250W to go on the sides. All bulbs will be 14K, Great color so far. Here are some photos of the progress.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

-Jordan

10. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

NIce! 8) I love the light spectrum. What brand bulbs are those Jordan?

11. 4G1v3N

4G1v3N Spaghetti Worm

The bulbs came with the light, They are the jbj 14k. Im very happy with them! I still have some work to do today, I just got home after driving 300 miles today for work... I will let you guys know the progress.
    -Jordan

12. 4G1v3N

4G1v3N Spaghetti Worm

Ok so I cut the canopy for easy acsess! The whole front can now be opened for feeding, cleaning ect.. I installed four hinges at the top for easy opening and closing. I also drilled 2 four inch holes in the sides so I can install exaust fans. Im very happy of the design, I plan to countersink all the finish nails so I can add wood putty sand and stain! I will be moving soon so I plan to do it during the move.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I also cleaned out my freshwater tank and I plan to use the tank as a sump, just have to install some dividers for the bubble trap.
    Im kinda short on cash right now but I will be getting a mag 24 for the return pump. I also added some live rock pieces and chaeto to my fuge, already see lots of pods and critters. There have been allot of stomellas in the display so I have been picking those out and putting them in the fuge as well.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Been getting some good work done, but have been dreading the move! Really depresing after so much work to get it this far but oh well, thats life for ya!

-Jordan