Joining the ATS crowd, DIY style! (Update plumbing pics)

Discussion in 'I made this!' started by insanespain, Sep 27, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. insanespain

insanespain Ocellaris Clown

I'm not sure I follow....but do you mean actually run a bolt through the center of the pipe, through the screen, and out the other side? So you would slide the screen up into the pipe, line up the holes, and then slide the bolt through? That's not a bad idea actually, you could use wingnuts so it could be removed by hand.

2. Click Here!

3. SPINNER

SPINNER Fire Shrimp

Rubber washers

Right on that's what i ment. Also could use a rubber washer on each side of pipe too since flow is able to escape out bottom should not put much pressure at top of pipe? Don't know that for sure just thinking/

4. insanespain

Hey man, its nice to pick someone else's brain for ideas once in awhile. That's not a bad idea to try. I'm going to be experimenting with all kinds of stuff on this thing. There's not near enough detailed information about scrubbers or different ways to implement them into a system.

5. SPINNER

SPINNER Fire Shrimp

I hear you!

Yeah it's nice to have a different view on the same thing once in a while. All the time then it seems like being married;D jk nr...
    You have a good build going can't wait to see how LEDs do.

6. SPINNER

SPINNER Fire Shrimp

holding screen

Were you able to try the plastic bolts yet? If not you may be able to use just one in the center?

7. insanespain

Haven't tried the nylon bolts yet. I just got done re-doing the entire thing, I didn't like the way the original one was turning out. Uploading new video now.

8. Click Here!

9. insanespain

Version 2.0

Alright, so I didn't like my first attempt with the dual sided screen in the clear storage container. It had too much light spill and just was awkward. I got to thinking real hard and remembered Matt's battery box refuge and a light bulb turned on in my head, thus became the battery box ATS. Thanks Matt!

10. insanespain

Bump da bump

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

11. insanespain

Well I'm slowly but steadily getting this thing closer to being actually plumbed into my system. I got it fitted up in the cabinet today and did some prep plumbing. It's starting to come together nicely. I need to re-cut the slot pipe so I can make a bigger screen for it, but other than that the main part is done. Here are some pics.

Front View of the Cabinet with the battery box ATS on the middle shelf:

[​IMG]

Close up with the lid removed:

[​IMG]

This is the back of the cabinet with the plumbing rough fitted. I added the tees and caps to stop the gurgling and it worked pretty good. The two drains will connect from the cabinet to my tank stand with spa flex and will also have a union so that the cabinet can be pulled out from the wall and the drains disconnected.

[​IMG]

12. SPINNER

SPINNER Fire Shrimp

Well done

You are as bad as me with DIYs get something built, think about it for awhile them rebuild making better:) Well done with vent pipes and adjustment slots for lights. Black solid box was a good move!

I just redid my sump too, removed all ball valves and installed gate valves and we wonder why this hobby cost so much.;D

Great Job,