Joining the ATS crowd, DIY style! (Update plumbing pics)

Discussion in 'I made this!' started by insanespain, Sep 27, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. BoBo65

BoBo65 Torch Coral

any updates one this???

2. Click Here!

3. insanespain

insanespain Ocellaris Clown

Not yet, sorry! I have been devoting my attention to finishing my LED light build and my cabinet build. But this is definitely not forgotten. This will hopefully get finished next week since I finished the other projects this week. I need to get this online ASAP to finally cure my cyno problem.

4. thedog12

thedog12 Astrea Snail

i cant wait to see this thing all done. looks good so far

5. insanespain

Ahh, I almost forgot about this thread. I have a mag3 on its way, I'm hoping it gets here friday so I can put this thing online this weekend. I also got my bulkheads and installed two of them in the bottom of the container for drains back to the sump. I've been reading on the scrubber forum and various links allllllllll night and its making my head hurt. I guess I didnt really realize how un-tested these things really are.

How many people would want me to make some youtube videos with detailed explanations of what I did and how I did it, along with update videos on growth and how it is affecting the tank parameters? Maybe start a youtube channel so people can subscribe? I dont wanna go to the effort if nobody cares lol.

6. ilikespam

ilikespam Feather Duster

I have ats also.Another Tank Syndrome.Great job on the d.i.y.

7. felixfish

felixfish Bristle Worm

Here is my'n I just assembled over the past few weeks. It's been up and running 2 days and green algae has started seeding over the screen!

Attached Files:

8. Click Here!

9. insanespain

I just tested mine hooked to a garden hose ystrday, and I've got a question for you. Do you have flow problems where your zip ties are? I had huge dead spots on the screen directly under the zip ties.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

10. felixfish

felixfish Bristle Worm

One side is fine, and there are a few dead spots on the other. I messed with the opening a bit and it helped, but not completely. I've heard to lower the screen a hole or two but I haven't tried it yet.

11. insanespain

Got my Mag3 pump today, so I did a rough mach-up to see if this thing was even gonna work like I thought it was. I decided to make a video and explain it in the video. I think I will do a series of several videos on this build and experimentation with algae scrubbers. Let me know what you guys think.

12. SPINNER

SPINNER Fire Shrimp

cable ties

Looking good, will be building one too once i finish my reacters hope you don't mind if i copy yours:) Since you are cutting a new screen will it work if you drill two holes in your pipe close to the top at each end and install two plastic screws with nut and washer to hold screen and remove cable ties for solid down flow?