Jebo Skimmer

Discussion in 'Protein Skimmers' started by GraviT, Jul 19, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. cuttingras

cuttingras Starving Artist :)

I tried a piece of filter material I had. still major bubbles. How do you make a bubble trap??? sounds like fun lol

2. Click Here!

3. cuttingras

Phew, I used a piece of pantyhose with a cable tie and poked a hole in it so the water would run out more freely. Seems to be doing ok.....for now....not nearly the amount of bubbles I had before!

4. Blade_Runner

Blade_Runner Gigas Clam

Melev's Reef - Sump Model A

Do you see the 3 panes of plex? They slowly force the water up and down causing most of the bubbles to be released. A bubble trap should be located in front of the return bulkhead of your sump.

5. cuttingras

No sump. This is installed inside my tank, is this bad? Really don't have money to make a seperate tank, under it. Ok this next question is serious....can I use a rubbermaid container for a sump until I can get another smaller tank?

6. Blade_Runner

Blade_Runner Gigas Clam

You have a 520 in your tank?

7. cuttingras

Jebo Quadraplex protein skimmer it's on the left side of the tank looks like crap but it's gonna have to do for now....it's still over filling the cup with water. I think I'm going to just take it out and throw it in the back yard...Maybe even take a sledge hammer to it.....lol Just when I think it's "tuned" perfectly, I'll turn around to look at it and it's filled up with water.......

8. Click Here!

9. sire_andre

sire_andre Plankton

i too is using a jebo skimmer in my 55 gal tank and it's been running for seven moths now, it's located in my subtank and all gunk is in there plus it's cheap, i had mine for only 700 pesos ($ 15), anyway i bought this because it works the same way as of those costly one.

10. cuttingras

I can't get mine to work right...Paid 50 bucks for it and the guy from the ebay store I bought it from won't return my emails......

11. Blade_Runner

Blade_Runner Gigas Clam

Oh, I thought you had one of the larger in sump skimmers since the thread started that way. The hang on Jebos are a cheap imitation of the old SeaClones. I've played with them in the past. IMO it's Junk. Between the venturi, the tank's water level and the design you can never keep them dialed in. I recommend trying to fix it with an M80. :tongue4:

12. mushroom_man

mushroom_man Bubble Tip Anemone

miami,right near da beach BOYE!, FL,Florida
    good to hear! ive acually had the same one in a box waiting for me to set up my new 37 gallon.