Jebo lights???

Discussion in 'Metal Halide Aquarium Lighting' started by rjweng, Jun 15, 2006.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Bruce

Bruce Giant Squid

Looks Very Nice :)

2. Click Here!

3. Black_Raven

Black_Raven Scooter Blennie

Looks great. Do the PC bulbs have a glass or plastic cover over them? I think I going to give it a try and buy a fixture. Thanks for the review.

4. Zissou

Zissou Fire Shrimp

this seems like a pretty slick fixture, very impressive looking brandon. please keep us informed on the unit as a whole. does it have fans in the fixture and ballast? i think it is probably cheep b/c the damn ballst is huge rather than compact and utilizes pc rather than t5 for fluorescents. i think it is cool though and am currently in the market for a new lighting setup please keep us in the know.;)

5. Brandon1023

Brandon1023 Fire Goby

The ballast doesn't seem to have a fan, but the fixture has 2. Man today that ballast is hot! I admit I don't like that. But the rest is so far so good, and I haven't seen my corals recoil from the more intense lighting. I was planning on acclimating them but they seem to be lovin every minute of it! Go figure. Also I have been keeping an eye on the temp all day, and everything is staying normal. Actually its a little cooler believe it or not, around 80. The fixture is a good 6" off the tank and I bought another power head to aim at the surface so I would get a better shimmer. I think that is helping to evaporate it more, too. Here is a slightly better pic of the tank today. Still looks bluer than it is, and really doesn't do the tank much justice. It is so awesome now! The second pic are my newest additions. I ended up removing the GSM Clown because he was buggin my corals no matter what I did. So hopefully these 2 will stay out of trouble. They're so cute!

Attached Files:

6. Critifer

Critifer Plankton

Brandon,
    Thanks for the update on Jebo lights. I have been looking at the 72" setup for awhile and have been tenative after a few negative remarks about Jebo. The pics look good and and I bet you feel great having found a reasonably priced reef light setup.

7. Brandon1023

Brandon1023 Fire Goby

Absolutely! I am so happy after 4 years I FINALLY have metal halides! Now I can keep anything I want, goniopora here I come (one of my favs)! And more clams, too. I do have one more complaint about the fixture, but it's my own personal preference and nothing necessarily wrong. The reflectors on the halides are hammered. I wish they were smooth, because I believe that would reflect light better. That shouldn't be too hard to fix though. Other then that I believe Odyssea is proving to be decent, seeing as this is my 3rd product by them. I should become the poster boy for their company! LOL, j/k. ;D

8. Click Here!

9. coral reefer

coral reefer Giant Squid

One thing to be aware of during the whole excitement of the new lighting thing... You need to acclimate your corals to the new lighting intensity-start off by raising up the light fixture or lower your corals in the tank and shorten the duration they are on and gradually increase the lighting duration over a few weeks. I know first hand that if this isn't done properly, corals will bleach and eventually parrish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Enjoy the lights and your tank

10. rjweng

rjweng Astrea Snail

Brandon were did you end up buying the light? I have been looking on ebay and don't see them anymore. They do have the one with a single MH but I have a cross bar that will block it. ANyways thanks for the reply, and the feedback. Nice pics.

rj

11. 90_Berlin_joe

90_Berlin_joe Fire Shrimp

rjweng, here is a great site with all Jebo/Odyssea product Jebo lights

I personally like the 712watt 48" unit but having a 90gal with a center support i am doomed from the start.

12. Brandon1023

Brandon1023 Fire Goby

Yep thats exactly where I bought mine. It was like $20 cheaper a couple weeks ago then it is now. But if you can't find it on ebay it's probably cheaper on aquatraders because they charge less for shipping. And they packaged mine really well, so I couldn't say how an ebayer would package theirs. Wouldn't want to recieve any broken bulbs now.