Jebo lights

Discussion in 'Reef Lighting' started by Scuba, Jan 31, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Scuba

Scuba Fire Shrimp

Does anyone use a JEBO 48" 220W(55wx4) Power Compact Lighting. I have found one and thinking about getting it for my 55 gal tank.

2. Click Here!

3. freyja

freyja Plankton

howdy! You saw that too, huh? I was about to get halides My friend showed me, he said that would be great for my tank it's a 75 G ....the way it's set up he said to just add the jebo's and go ahead and keep my VHO's on there because there's room that it would be great.. he said i could keep everything in there except Acros, i'm still kinda new, but i guess acros need the halide lighting..... I may give it a shot, I hadn't heard of Jebo before either...hmmmmm

4. imperial

imperial Plankton

my friend got some for his tank and they're not bad looking gives the tank a light blue look to it

5. Scuba

Scuba Fire Shrimp

Welcome imperial, thanks for signing up, if you have an ?'s just ask, some here may have the answer.

Thinks, I seen them in Aquarium Fish Mag for $99, my only concern is will the ballast hold up or die after a short time?

6. david

david Peppermint Shrimp

Here's the skinny on JEBO. I got some off e-bay, they were shipped in a good amount of time but one bulb was broken and the housing was a little chipped up. Today I got a new bulb from DR. foster...put that one in and yes! $100 for a 48in. 4x55 watt compact fluorescents!
    I don't know how everything will hold up but I will tell you this. The bulbs that come with them are very cheap. Made by JEBO also.
    The new bulb I ordered is bigger around than the JEBO bulbs but it had no trouble lighting the bigger one up! Also, in the ad it says two separate switches for use with separate timers. I don't see how you can do this with out pulling out the switches and connecting them to plugs?
    But they are way better than my homemade housings I had before. Although, I still haven't figured out how to mount them on the tank.The dealer said they come with no legs and there are none to be purchased? Any clues guys?

7. Scuba

Scuba Fire Shrimp

DIY time, if your have some black plastic around you may be able to make some legs.

? for a 55 gal what is the min watts of MH lighting to use?

8. Click Here!

9. Phil5613

Phil5613 Purple Spiny Lobster

Just watch the temp with those lights because there are no cooling fans.

10. david

david Peppermint Shrimp

You got that right, when I first put them on my tank I had them like 2 inches off the water. In 3 hours my tank had gone up two degrees so I lifted them up some. Now, they are like 6 in. off the water. I don't think I'll have the heat problem again. But, I haven't got by today yet!

11. Scuba

Scuba Fire Shrimp

After all of this, I am thinks on going back to a DYI hood that is supported from the celing with a 175 MH and 2 65 watt PC lights in it.

12. david

david Peppermint Shrimp

I bought a set of these and there not bad!..... But?
    How do you use different timers on the actinic's and the 10000k's? Thet have seperate switches on the hood but how can you make it work ? Is it possible at all?

Attached Files: