Jebau DCT series

Discussion in 'Filters, Pumps, etc..' started by dienerman, Mar 4, 2015.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. dienerman

dienerman Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

Anyone know anything about the new Jebau DCT series submersible pumps? They have one rated for up to 15,000 litres. Fish street shows that it was released in January of this year. The price seems incredibly cheep, to the point that I'm not sure it is listed correctly.

2. Click Here!

3. dienerman

Todd has to know something! ...........

4. dienerman

Todd has to know something! ...........

5. PghSteeler

PghSteeler Tassled File Fish

I did some research myself. From what I can gather multiple companies took the same exact pump and controller painted them different colors and sold them as the jabeo, waveline, diablo, etc.

The first generation pumps had a poorly designed controller that overheated causing the pumps to stop working and they got a bad rap. Waveline came out with a generation 2 pump that had a better controller that fixed the issues added a few speeds an a longer feed mode. Waveline was the only company that offered a generation 2 pump and i bought one for my new setup but don't have it running yet. I did read some issues with rust issues but am not sure if that was gen 1 or 2 pumps.

Hope this helps some, I did message Todd before and he does have a jabeo dc pump

6. dienerman

Thanks PGH. I know that Todd does have one, I just did not know if this new line is just a re branding or if there are actual differences in the pumps.

7. PghSteeler

PghSteeler Tassled File Fish

Here is a link of the gen 1 pumps that had the bad controller The Dc5000 was d/c and replaced with the DC6000.

http://www.advancedaquarist.com/blog/waveline-dc-5000-pump-unboxed-and-reviewed

Second Gen pump and controller
    http://premiumaquatics.com/products/rlss-waveline-dc-6000-pump-basic-controller-6-speed.html

Your new Jabeo
    https://www.reefbreeders.com/shop/jebao-dc-return-pumps/

To me it looks like the new Jabeo is the same as the gen 2 waveline the numbers and look of the controller is what leads me to that assumption. Both are offered in a 6000 and 1200 instead of a 5000 and 1050. Waveline was the first to offer gen 2 but it looks like other companies are catching up and dithcing the old design to rebrand the g en 2 pumps as well now.

8. Click Here!

9. mdbostwick

mdbostwick Vlamingii Tang

I have the DC9000 but I have no idea what Gen it is. Would this be on the box? I know it doesn't look like the one in the picture from reefbreeders website but I have had no issues with the pump which i have only had for a little more than 2 months at this time.

10. RoloSaez

RoloSaez Millepora

I have the waveline DC12000 it's super silent and powerful enough to go through my chiller, refugium, and the DT on a manifold no problems.

11. zesty

zesty Sailfin Tang

I want to say that I read somewhere that they took the electronics out of the pump and put it into the controller. That was the part failing when the pump got too warm, as I read.
    but I can't find anything with a quick google search.

as for anything else to make it a better pump, no idea.