Jebao wp40 or wp25

Discussion in 'Filters, Pumps, etc..' started by junior279, Jun 10, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Meanie

Meanie Spaghetti Worm

No issue there I do not have a DSB, I am running it BB. So I guess I will look at doing one for now and if I need a second I will pick it up later. Thanks for the assistance.

2. Click Here!

3. Todd_Sails

Todd_Sails Giant Squid

I've found lately that my DT seems to like it best when I use my WP40 with the standard box/controller it came with on

W2, and the timing knob about 55%.

This way, it ramps up and down smoothly, creates a random flow, and does not make any tall waves on the surface.

I did blow all the polyps off one side of a sps frag when it was about 18 inches away, moved it though, no probs now.

I think I'll get a 2nd one for my recently acquired 180, and it's build!

4. AZDesertRat

AZDesertRat Giant Squid

The new included controller is nice since it gives you 50%, 75% and 100% speed controls in the W-1 mode plus all the other features.

5. diverdan

diverdan Bangghai Cardinal

Just wondering who uses the night sensor. I currently do but am contemplating taking out the sensor. Seems like till I turn off the lights in my house at night. Around 11:30-12:00am till about 7-8 am when the sun comes up. Does that calm for the few hours really make a difference. I have great PE when the lights are off and the pump is still up and going. So... What to do.

6. AZDesertRat

AZDesertRat Giant Squid

I am using mine but don't know if there is a real need for it.

7. Todd_Sails

Todd_Sails Giant Squid

A Ha! Mine, recently purchased- does not have that feature.
    It does have a low and high though, but only separately, and no turning down the W 1,2,3 or random modes.
    I had heard that was currently only on the wp25's controller?
    Is it on the wp40's also?

For some reason, mine did not come with the sensor!
    I did manually turn it to low the first few nights, but no more.

8. Click Here!

9. AZDesertRat

AZDesertRat Giant Squid

I got in on a group buy directly from the factory, not through Fish Street or whomever is importing them so were able to get the first shipment of new controllers on the WP-40's.
    Not sure if they are available here otherwise yet.

The night sensor is very tiny and is easy to lose in the box if you are not cafeful. One of my three was inside the box under the bottom flap and I though it was lost before investigating further. I don't know why they were not in the plastic bag with the directions or taped to the box or something?

10. zesty

zesty Sailfin Tang

Well, I got a loaner to try out. I have a 60 gal tall tank and didn't know what to do (25 or 40) well, I got a loaner 40 and it's not too much for my tank! I have it on the first wave mode at a little over half. It's been sitting there slightly pointing down from the side and it's not too rough at all, it looks nice!
    I would rather buy larger than not enough. My worry was too much flow from the 40 and while I can achieve wicked flow/wave in there if I want, it's very adjustable to get where it works fine. I'm sure I'll be messing with it for a while, just to see it in action.

11. cjrudy

cjrudy Coral Banded Shrimp

Currently running an MP10 and MP40 in my 90 gallon, trying to decide whether to go with a WP40 or maybe two WP25's.

I have read a number of posts where users said the flow was too narrow on the WP25 and much wider on the WP40.

Thoughts

12. AZDesertRat

AZDesertRat Giant Squid

I have no issues with the flow pattern of the two 25's in my 60" long 100G reef. Very happy so far and the flow is enough stronger than the Evo 1400's they replaced it has made 2 of my 3 anemones seek a new spot. The anemones had not moved for over a year but after a week of the 25's thye decided they liked a little less flow. One RBTA moved out front more which was good but the Carpet anemone moved around back so it is not as visible.