Jebao wp40 or wp25

Discussion in 'Filters, Pumps, etc..' started by junior279, Jun 10, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Todd_Sails

Todd_Sails Giant Squid

Well, I tried the middle of my back wall of my 125, near the top, angling slightly down. I don't think so; Luckily I have an old style tank with a plastic frame or it might or overflowed where it was pointed.

So it's to the side again, opposite my sumps return nozzle, and the same wall as my intank overflow.
    This times it's halfway down, toward the front, and pointing just slightly at the front glass.
    Gives it lots of flow here on Else, nob at 50%.
    For once everything in the tank has polyps moving, etc.

I think my ecosystem is going to like this alot.

2. Click Here!

3. AZDesertRat

AZDesertRat Giant Squid

My Evo 1400's were in the top back corners pointed front center. I have moved the WP's more to the center of the side glass and down lower, pointing slightly up and more down the centerline or even slightly back to see if that helps. I hate to see what my DSB looks like when I get home today. It wasn't all that bad early this morning since they had been in the night mode all night but who knows now.

4. Todd_Sails

Todd_Sails Giant Squid

Good luck ADR, we'll hope for the best.
    It doesn't blow my CC fine as it is, around much in my DT.

5. Meanie

Meanie Spaghetti Worm

I am looking at one of the 40s for my 55G, I was originally planning on picking up 2 of the Koralia 1050s. Do you think the wp40 will be good?

6. dimpthepimp

dimpthepimp Bristle Worm

I also was looking at a wp25 for a nuvo 16g. but im not sure if it is overkill. Can this pump be dialed down?

7. Magnus

Magnus Sharknado

It can be dialed down with a transformer that has a voltage regulator. A lot of people are buying universal laptop bricks and adjusting the output that way.

8. Click Here!

9. mati_L

mati_L Fire Shrimp

I have a 72 bow with two 1040's but still had dead spots, I got a WP40 to replace them. With the pump mounted on the side, under the pump you get little flow but on the other side of the tank I was getting my sand blasted like crazy. I had to turn down the pump to 15volts because with out that I couldn't use any other mode besides W1. Even at 15v I use a 1040 on the opposite side to clash against it. I say get a WP25, looks better in the tank or a WP40 with a adjustable power supply . My poor Xenia was going to peal off the rock with that flow :eek: my sps and LPS seem to love the random flow now

Last edited: Jul 11, 2013
  10. AZDesertRat

AZDesertRat Giant Squid

The WP-40 is physically a big pump so may look out of place in a 55.
    This photo is a WP-40, Evolutions 1400, WP-25 and Evolutions Nano 425 all side by side for comparisons.

[​IMG]

The WP-25's in my 100G now produce more flow than the Evo 1400's they replaced and I even had to turn them down to 50 and 75% to keep the DSB in place

11. Meanie

Meanie Spaghetti Worm

Sweet, should I go with 2 25s or 1 will work fine?

12. AZDesertRat

AZDesertRat Giant Squid

I have two in my 100G and had to turn them down to 50% and 75% due to my 5-6" 330lb. Southdown DSB blowing all over.

Two will give you great circulation but will raise heck with a sandbed unless it is coarse stuff.