Jebao wp40 or wp25

Discussion in 'Filters, Pumps, etc..' started by junior279, Jun 10, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. diverdan

diverdan Bangghai Cardinal

My last email correspondence with Eric at fish-street. He said no wp40s are getting the 1f controller. It is in reverse so read the bottom paragraphs first.

HI

It's not yet release on this moment, USD10 is the previous damage item customer for replacement only.

when it in stock, we will release on the website to order

Thanks

ERic

Thanks Eric,
    Will there be the option to upgrade the controller when it becomes available. The only reason I ask is because I have friends who are getting the option to pay $10 or so and you'll send them the 1f controller for their wp40. I just want the latest and greatest.
    Thank you so much for your time.

Dear Williams,

Wp25 is release a new controller, but wp40 not yet on this moment

thanks

Eric

That I was not aware of. My understanding from the research I did was it came with the same controller as the wp25. What is the process that I need to go through to get the 1f controller?
    Thank you so much for your time.

Dear Williams,

wp40 never release any new controller, only wp25 have a 1f controller only

thanks

Eric

2. Click Here!

3. ingtar_shinowa

ingtar_shinowa Giant Squid

meh, its only for W1 mode anyway. Someone just tested it out. What a lousy change to the controller since 95% of people are using else.

4. Todd_Sails

Todd_Sails Giant Squid

My wp40 came today, and it's in going now.

I'm currently using ELSE mode, with the dial half way.

Mine didn't come with a sensor, only two little holes in the side. Is this where it goes?

5. Magnus

Magnus Sharknado

Todd_Sails, check in the controller bag. It is very small. And yes, the two small holes on the knob side is where the sensor goes. I ordered 5 extra at $1 each just as a precaution since I read a small number of people had them gone bad.

6. bhazard

bhazard Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

The WP40 kicks all sorts of ass on a Reef Angel. You just buy the Jebao cable from them, easily generate your code in their setup wizard to enable it, and then you can choose every Vortech mode from their portal website from anywhere and change it at any time.

They just released the portal update a few days ago. We were able to make code to mimic W1 and ELSE mode too with the help of the Reef Angel guys. HIGHLY recommended.

I had my WP40s off an APEX before, but its much, much more controllable on the Reef Angel, and they update frequently. There is even a Jebao Waveline DC return pump coming out soon that will work with that Jebao cable they sell too. Return pump wave modes!!! lol cant wait.

7. ingtar_shinowa

ingtar_shinowa Giant Squid

So you are saying its time to get the wireless module for my reefangel and use portal?

8. Click Here!

9. N00ZE

N00ZE Eyelash Blennie

lmao...

::)

10. Todd_Sails

Todd_Sails Giant Squid

It's definitely missing. NOt so sure I want it anyway. Do the currents stop in the ocean at night, or slow down? Maybe they do, I don't know.

Maybe you can send me one of yours? ;-)

11. Todd_Sails

Todd_Sails Giant Squid

All this sounds good, but what about the controller it came with? Is it somehow not good enough? You're mimicing the modes it already comes with? I'm not familar with Vortech modes, how different are they?

I understand cutting the poser down some with the unversal laptop power modules, is that also what these controllers can do as well?
    For me, I don't need the power cut down any, expecially since it does it varies itself on all but the hi and low modes.

I'm not doubting you, just learning more about my new pump.

12. AZDesertRat

AZDesertRat Giant Squid

WOW, these things are powerful!
    I got my two WP-25's and one WP-40 yesterday and played with them last night.

I think the WP-40 is going to be too much for my 100G with a 330lb DSB, even on S3, low speed, I can't keep the sand in place. I moved it all over the place and pointed it every direction but straight up and the sand piles up. I will try some more this evening but I'm glad I got two of the 25's, it looks like that is going to be the combination I need.

Haven't had a chance to put them on the Kill A Watt meter yet but I did snap a bunch of photos showing dimensions and with them sitting next to an Evolutions 1400 and Evo Nano 425 for size comparisons. The 25 is enough larger than the Nano that I don't want it in my 16G bowfront.

The next few days are going to be fun playing with my new toys!