Jebao wp40 or wp25

Discussion in 'Filters, Pumps, etc..' started by junior279, Jun 10, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Magnus

Magnus Sharknado

I don't know about the amps. Powerman may know.... I'll link him to your question ;)

2. Click Here!

3. Powerman

Powerman Giant Squid

The amps only mean the amount of current it is capable of putting out. And that is going to be at full voltage.

As far as all the other controller stuff... I do not really keep up much on that stuff.

4. Magnus

Magnus Sharknado

Good to know. Thanks powerman! Sounds to me like that laptop charger may not have enough voltage to put it at full speed then. That's if u need it at full speed. I will look at the brick I got and see if it mentions any amperage.

5. Marshall O

Marshall O Giant Squid

From what I could find, the WP-40 ranges from 12-40 watts depending on speed. So 40 watts at 24V. Even if it was 40 watts at 20V, that would still only be drawing 2A, and your power supply can handle up to 3A at 20V, so I think you should be all set. You just would never be able to run it at full speed of course, which should be fine in a 55 anyways!

Last edited: Jun 19, 2013
  6. mati_L

mati_L Fire Shrimp

Well thanks okay because I can use the laptop brick to power it down but if i want it running at full speed ill just connect the original 24v power supply no big deal. Thanks for the response Marshall and powerman. I just didn't know how man amps that little pump could draw but considering 40w at max, the 3A max should be more than enough.

7. Magnus

Magnus Sharknado

Just in case someone out there is having the same problem as i did:

After days of running this pump without being able to get the sensor to trigger the night mode any other way than touching it with my finger, I finally tried inverting the prongs of the sensor.... like magic, it started working. Simple... but it took me a long time to figure it out. Hope I'm saving someone some time and frustration.

1 person likes this.
  8. Click Here!

9. Marshall O

Marshall O Giant Squid

Nice fix! Now I will now what to do if mine come the same way :)

10. diverdan

diverdan Bangghai Cardinal

Awesome Magnus, Way to figure it out. I would have been emailing them telling me that I got a bunk controller.
    Now if my light sensor ever goes out and I replace it and it still doesnt work then I'll have to give this a try.

So Far Loving this Pump! Gotta say it kicks fin for sure.

11. AZDesertRat

AZDesertRat Giant Squid

I will be picking mine up this afternoon and expect a long evening playing with them!

12. Todd_Sails

Todd_Sails Giant Squid

MInes in the Fed Ex travel world, should be here soon. I sure need it too, 2 of my Koralia Evo have crapped out on me in the last 2 weeks. POS IMHO