Jebao wp40 or wp25

Discussion in 'Filters, Pumps, etc..' started by junior279, Jun 10, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. barbianj

barbianj Hammer Head Shark

I just bought a very lightly used WP40. It came with an extra white adapter with a dial to reduce the power. The dial on the stock controller reduces the frequency of the pulse. Between the two there is a surprising amount of control. I did also buy the RA cable, but haven't had time to program it with the controller.

2. Click Here!

3. diverdan

diverdan Bangghai Cardinal

How long did it take to get it. I think my wife just ordered me one for Father's Day and I've been wanting one for a while now. I am super excited now.
    I can see how you felt like a kid. I know I do.

4. ingtar_shinowa

ingtar_shinowa Giant Squid

alot of people were upset when they got the wp25 because Jeabo told everyone it would have a controler with speed control. They fell behind so the updated controllers did not roll out. FS is offering an updated version for it looks like now $10 that pretty much will just cover shipping from Hong Kong. Email thier customer service or check their site. I'm following both 25 and 40 threads on RC

5. diverdan

Alex, so if I ordered the pump like let's say, 5 min ago. Is it possible it will have the new controller. Because its official, my wife just ordered it!

6. ingtar_shinowa

Yeah Will, it probably does.

Jerry. Thats just an adjustable resistor and does pretty much the same job. I would suggest breaking out a multimeter and marking the levels because under 15v can damage the controller and potentially add heat to the pump.. I got one a couple months ago in preparation to getting a wp pump, then chickened out. If I get some Ill use my reefangel.

7. diverdan

Thanks Alex.

8. Click Here!

9. Magnus

Magnus Sharknado

Diverdan, I ordered mine on june 5th and got shipped on the 6th, since I got it yesterday that puts the travel time exactly at 7 days from shipping date. Rather quickly considering its coming from their hong Kong warehouse.

Alex, thanks for the info. I will look that thread up to see the progress and email their customer service. I'll keep u updated.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2013
  10. Magnus

Magnus Sharknado

Just wrote the customer support about the controller. I wasn't aware of the new version but I hope they will ship the new one even if it costs me the $10. Will I have to ship the old one back? Nobody was mentioning that on the thread on that other place.
    I am very happy with my purchase though. :)

11. ingtar_shinowa

they just ship[ another controller piece, not a pump.

12. Magnus

Magnus Sharknado

Help me, please.... I really can't understand if a resolution was given in the response I got.... here it is:

"
    HI

Factory just release a new controller, each month have release a some new feature, we cannot expect when have a new controller , by the way for wp25, it is for the 5 controller now. Even return the item still have a new controller release

Thanks

ERic "

I swear I don't understand :(

Last edited: Jun 13, 2013