Jebao wp40 or wp25

Discussion in 'Filters, Pumps, etc..' started by junior279, Jun 10, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Bruce PSL FL

Bruce PSL FL Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

thoughts on what size and how many for a fowlr 240- I do have the fine sand from marcorocks ??

2. Click Here!

3. DavidinGA

DavidinGA Fire Worm

I hv a 210gal with oolite and I have two WP40'S (I bought them before the WP60s were out). My 40's work but given the choice now I would definitely get two 60's instead. I do control my with a reef angel so I can vary the power to accommodate my oolite...

4. Siddique

Siddique Dragon Wrasse

I ordered two last night. Cannot wait!

5. rcflyer1388

rcflyer1388 Bubble Tip Anemone

i just threw in a wp-25 in my tall 55 mixed tank. All i gotta say is wow! for a little pump it has a lot of power and the controller is nicely made and easy to use. the one pump alone can handle the tank. I'm still running it along with an MJ1200 in fan mode due to SPS that im keeping until i buy another wp25.

6. Manny_World

Manny_World Astrea Snail

For those with 75 gallon tanks, which mode/power setting are you running?

7. junior279

junior279 Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

I run mine in Else mode on 100% in my 75 gallon.

8. Click Here!

9. civiccars2003

civiccars2003 Great Blue Whale

Would (2) WP60's suffice in a 220 gallon mixed reef? Tank dimensions are 72"x24x30".

10. chris adams

chris adams Purple Tang

Not speaking from experience but from the videos online should be more than enough. 1 video was showing 1 wp40 on a 220 and wave action was impressive.

2 wp-60 may be overkill but if it ended up being 2 much you would at least have 1 as a backup for future use.

11. zesty

zesty Sailfin Tang

Since this time, I have had more time with the 40 in my 60 gal tall and while I ran this for a while, I need to update my review.

The wp40 ended up on W1 mode on Sp2/3 for power, anything else and it was too much. It was enough to make flow and where I had it pointed allowed for the tank to not be blown around. I didn't like being limited to just the W1 mode, I wanted to be able to use all of the settings. Then with the way my overflow/return is installed on my setup, I ended up not liking the flow pattern. The overflow is on the right end of the tank, the return is on the left side of the tank. It was very linear, all of my corals were always leaning to the right as that's how the flow pattern was primarily pushing.

So, then there was this group buy with my local club. I took the time to grab a WP25 and a WP10. Now I placed the WP25 where the WP40 was and I put the WP10 next to the return line (opposite end of tank) and put them both on Else mode. So far it's much more erratic than before. I seem to have gotten further away from the linear flow. At least there is turbulence in certain sections of the tank. I've had to re-adjust some corals, but overall I left most in the same spot.

Now after a few weeks, my tank is settling from the flow change. Everything is still looking good.

12. chris adams

chris adams Purple Tang

nice Zesty.. I am going to try a wp-10 on my 30 and thinking about a 25 or 40 on my 135. I am still wondering if the wp-10 will be to much for the 30..most likely will need to put it on lowest setting.

From what I have seen these pumps pack a wallop.