Jebao WP25

Discussion in 'Filters, Pumps, etc..' started by Sacohen, Apr 13, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Sacohen

Sacohen Bristle Worm

The information I first got from Jebao was that they were going to sell for $30, but that is the manufacturer saying that.
    The distributor or retailer will be selling them for more to cover their costs and make a profit.

You are right. There was one person that had a problem with the controller I believe.
    I suggested he contact Fish-Street (because that's where he bought it) and they are very good about customer support/warranty.
    He said he would contact them,but I have not heard anything more about.
    Again it's only been a couple of days.

2. Click Here!

3. DrewSk

DrewSk Feather Duster

Very true. It looks like a slick unit, size wise how does it compare to hydors? Is it the size of the nano line or more similar to the full size ones?

4. Sacohen

Sacohen Bristle Worm

Here is a video of 1 WP25 in my 55 gallon.

I think it is still to strong, so I hooked it up to my Reef Angel and left the speed at a 35-50% ramp I set up for my WP40.
    It's a little to low now so I'll probably boost it up to 45-70%.

5. Sacohen

Sacohen Bristle Worm

My Anemones, Toadstool Leather, Frogspawn, and Kenya tree all hated the 25 at full power on the stock controller.
    I wound up taking the 25's out of the tank and putting the 40 in controlled with the Reef Angel.

I tried the 25 at the same settings as I had the 40 at and it didn't behave right. When I set the 25 to run at 30% during the night it would run for a bit and then stop. This never happened with the 40.

The 25's run perfectly fine with the stock controller, never stopped or anything, but they were to strong for my 55.

I can get better control and positioning with the 40 then the 25's

I'm going to wind up selling the 25's.

6. reefer Bob

reefer Bob Montipora Digitata

What all does the stock controller do? Does the 25 have options to run real low? My 56 is only 30" wide so this could be a problem. I don't like the idea thinking about the pump just stopping in the middle of the night. Sounds like a good way to burn it up. Maybe someone will find a good way to mod these to work properly.

7. Sacohen

Sacohen Bristle Worm

The stock controller allows you to choose between 6 different modes.

H: High, constant, non-variable flow (13,000 LPH)

L: Low, constant, non-variable flow at a third of the speed (4,300 LPH)

W1: Short pulses which, when timed correctly will create a back and forth motion and form a gentle standing wave in your tank. Adjust the controller to change the speed of the pulses and vary the size of the wave according to your tank.

W2 & W3: Pump gradually speeds up and slows down incrementally to create a varied flow pattern. Adjustable to form the wave best suited to your tank.

Else: Reef Stream Mode, a mixed, changing pattern that creates a random flow cycle similar to what you would find in a natural reef.

There is a feed mode button and a wave frequency knob.
    It adjust how often the wave comes, but not how fast or strong it is.

The WP25 was said to have a speed control, but it did not come that way, apparently it was mis-information or a mis-communication I had with a Customer Service rep from Jebao.

The pump stopping does not happen with the stock controller. It only happened when I connected it to my Reef Angel controller.

I'm not sure if it would happen with one of the 5-6 stock patterns that Reef Angel has programmed into the controller, I was using a custom wave pattern and that may have been the problem.

1 person likes this.
  8. Click Here!

9. reefer Bob

reefer Bob Montipora Digitata

Awesome thanks! It sounds pretty good still. At least good enough to hang on to for a lil bit.

10. ub400

ub400 Plankton

Now listed on Fish-street for 80$

Just noticed that they now listed on their website for 80$, has anyone got them yet?

11. Sacohen

Sacohen Bristle Worm

It says...

I don't know anyone who has gotten the 25 from Fish-Street yet, but I had 2 of them from the Arizona Group Buy.

What kind of information are you looking for?

12. Dyonopses1

Dyonopses1 Skunk Shrimp

I have had my WP25 running for about 5 weeks now. It seems to have lost about 50% of it power. Is anyone else experiencing this?