JBJ Lighting

Discussion in 'Reef Lighting' started by Matt Rogers, Apr 27, 2002.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

JBJ makes some nice powercompact fixtures. Especially for open top tanks. Anyone using them?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

oh_yeah

2. Click Here!

3. ivyspig

ivyspig Plankton

Recently bought one for my 46 gallon bowfront-36 inch light hood. Haven't purchased the lights yet (having a really hard time finding 16.4 inch pc bulbs). The fixture is only 2 inches high and very sharp looking.

4. Guest

Guest Guest

:thumbsup2: ive had my jbj fixture for 3 years since they first showed up and i have had wonderfull results. i have my two 55 watt bulbs on a twenty gallon tank with top open and the light on the optional legs. all my corals are doing great. and there are a good value as well.

5. REEFBABY

REEFBABY Plankton

i have had jbj lighting for over 2 yrs and they relly are a value and i have also had great results with them, so far i have had purchased 2 retro fits and 2 complete hoods and have absolutly no complaints at all, john

6. Jason McKenzie

Jason McKenzie Super Moderator

Well I ordered my a month ago and they were to come in today (after e-mailing to find out were they were) but no luck. Not the fault of JBJ but the fault of the Canadian customs I'm sure. Soon I hope

J

7. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

[quote author=Jakets link=board=lighting;num=1019935585;start=0#4 date=05/13/03 at 17:44:50]Well I ordered my a month ago and they were to come in today (after e-mailing to find out were they were) but no luck.  Not the fault of JBJ but the fault of the Canadian customs I'm sure.  Soon I hope
    J[/quote]

Man, living in Canada sounds like a pain in the ass! Is it worth it?

8. Click Here!

9. Jason McKenzie

Jason McKenzie Super Moderator

Don't get me started. As you can tell by my Av I'm a very proud Canuck.

Salute (french for bye) ;D
    J

10. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Oh boy, another proud one...

[smiley=laughingsmiley1.gif]

11. adin

adin Plankton

My first JBJ was a 1x55w that I purchased over five years ago...

I continue to use it today!

JBJ makes excellent hoods and the new formosa line is very nice. Yes, there are some stories about JBJs catching on fire, but this happened years ago. Back then, there were very few aquarium lighting companies utilizing compact fluorescent technology and I don't think all the safety issues were worked out just yet. If you gut one of the early JBJs, you'll see that the electronic ballast isn't protetected with an additional casing as they are now. Good lights for your money :)