JBJ 28 gallon owners thread.

Discussion in 'Fish Tank Brands and Kits' started by Corailline, Feb 6, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

Yup, they still have to break in. They build up a slime coating over a couple of days and become more proficient at removing DOC.

I have never had that model but there is usually a knob attached to air tubing that you can open and close to the desired amount of O2 mixture. Sometimes the knob is on the housing as well.

2. Click Here!

3. Corailline

I just looked at the skimmer on line, you can see the manual if you google it. Honestly I do not see where the air intake is at, so can not assist you there sorry.

4. grinder37

grinder37 Whip-Lash Squid

The aquaC is an air injection type skimmer,you simply raise or lower the collection cup to desired foam,but letting it run like it is for a few will help as the others mentioned to slime up and then start adjusting the cup to make skimmate.:)

5. Renee@LionfishLair

Renee@LionfishLair 3reef Sponsor

6. allenmay8

allenmay8 Fire Worm

thanks guys! It is working properly now. idk maybe it had something to do with feeding the fish haha

another thing. I am starting to get some lime green algae forming. Could this be early signs of coralline? ;D

Dare I ask what the black "cover" is for Incognito?

7. Corailline

Incognito I need clarification please, I think this is a tease!

8. Click Here!

9. Renee@LionfishLair

Renee@LionfishLair 3reef Sponsor

There's a new fish in the tank and this is his view, without the bag, some 4 feet away.... a 65" TV that often has videos games going on. It's too much for a new fish.

[​IMG]

This is just a part of his acclimation. Day by day we peel it back more and more. It's actually almost all the way off now, but I just folded it back for "fun".

10. TheSurgeonSween

TheSurgeonSween Fire Shrimp

Why is it whenever I look in the tank there is mini dots floating around everywhere? What is it and how can I get rid of it?

11. Corailline

Yup Allen sounds like the beginnings of coralline, as long as it does not have a hair like appearance.

Are these mini-dots micro bubbles? Are they coming out of the output.

Maybe you can post a pictures. The other thing that comes to mind is particles of sand being blown around.

12. seneca joe

seneca joe Plankton

Thanks for the info. New questions. What is chempure? What does it do? What is chaeto? What does it do? Thanks for helping out someone new to reef tanks. SJ