JBJ 28 gallon owners thread.

Discussion in 'Fish Tank Brands and Kits' started by Corailline, Feb 6, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

Yes, it will be fine.

The live rock is doing the largest part of your biological filtration. I simply placed the chemipure, or purgien in the area by the power heads feeding the output. Just find another area to place the sponge or floss. I have not used the media basket for over one year.

1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. kreator

kreator Flamingo Tongue

Great thread! I ordered my 28G HQI last week and it showed up cracked, it looks like someone ran a forklift right into the side, anyway, the place I purchased from had no questions and they are sending me a new tank. I am really looking forward to getting this thing set up. I went ahead and ordered an RO system for $180.00 and figured I would just take my time and learn as I go. That will prob save me money in the long run a buck a gallon for water will get pretty expensive.

What hobby is not expensive I guess and this is much safer than RC heli's haha.

4. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

Thanks kreator,

Congrats on the new tank. Too bad you needed a replacement but it happens.

Good call on getting the RO unit.

Looking forward to your input when you get it all settled and up and running.

:)

5. grinder37

grinder37 Whip-Lash Squid

Heres the mod and install link for the remora using the original skimmer compartment and still using the media basket.AquaC Remora Skimmer Installed on JBJ 28G HQI - Nano-Reef.com Forums

6. grinder37

Haha,rc gas planes,heli's both building and flying was my hobby,until i started a reef tank!My wife only allows me one hobby at a time.:lol:

7. allenmay8

allenmay8 Fire Worm

thanks for the link grinder! I will have to do that since it does not fit in my compartments!

1 person likes this.
  8. Click Here!

9. grinder37

no problem,and easy mod with a dremel

10. allenmay8

allenmay8 Fire Worm

unfortunately, I do not have a dremel :(
    I will have to stick with my ghetto rig for now haha

11. grinder37

Oh I can do ghetto,lol sometimes you do what you gotta do ;),but either way you install it,you won't be dissappointed with that skimmer.

12. seneca joe

seneca joe Plankton

Filter doing any good???

Have owned a 28gal JBJ LED for about a month. Lots of live rock, live sand, CUC, and 3 small fish. Water tests fine. My concern is about the filter. It only covers about 2/3 of the compartment it sits in. No crud showing on the sponge. My thinking is the water coming in will be pulled down AROUND the filter because of less resistance. What are some of you more experienced reefers experience on this, and would I better off using a skimmer in the space instead of the stock filter. Or would it be better to build a filter that covers the entire space. Thanks, SJ