JBJ 28 gallon owners thread.

Discussion in 'Fish Tank Brands and Kits' started by Corailline, Feb 6, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. erik

erik Spaghetti Worm

is the CF lighting good enough for a clam, eventually?

2. Click Here!

3. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

Yes,

I would start with a Derasa clam. Just make sure you change your bulbs out every 6-9 months. Also clams suck up the Ca, so you may have to either increase your routine water changes or add supplemental ca and a buffer,IME.

A Maxima or Crocea can go up in the rockwork or in a deeper sandbed for the Maxima as long as the bulbs are changed out routinely.

4. TheSurgeonSween

TheSurgeonSween Fire Shrimp

I think my pumps in my filter are getting noisier..... I noticed it last night and I am beginning to think something is wrong...... What should I do.....?

5. grinder37

grinder37 Whip-Lash Squid

pull each out and run them one at a time in a bucket of water to see which one is the trouble maker,not much you can do to repair them besides replacing it,but pop it apart and make sure nothing got sucked into it and got stuck somewhere or somethings not out of alignment.

6. Corailline

Has the water level in the back portion dropped and do you need to do a fresh water top off (ro/di water).

Also my pump at times vibrate up to the sides and I simply either lightly pull on the electrical cord or the tubing leading to the out flow to reposition them. ( again lightly). I have not changed out the stock pumps, basically because I have the koralias in tank providing most of the flow.

Hopefully grinder will add to this. Opps he already did cooool.

7. TheSurgeonSween

How do I take it out? My tank is pushed up against a wall so I cant see the back

8. Click Here!

9. grinder37

grinder37 Whip-Lash Squid

pull the return pipe off the outlet(where it shoots the water out)and pull lightly on both the water line and powercord straight up,they are a snug fit with suction cups on the bottom of the pump,after you pop the cups free by pulling on the cord and water line,it should come out fairly easy.

10. TheSurgeonSween

Alright. Also I topped it off and its doing the same thing :(

11. Corailline

Did you try to reposition it, but pulling on the cords or tubing?

Mine some times make a vibrating noise, is that the noise it is making? That is when I reposition.

If all is functioning fine you should only hear the trickle of the overflow.

While I have not had to take mine apart for this tank, I have done it many times to other power heads. Just make sure they are un-plugged, and as grinder posted, detach from tubing remove. Removing housing and clean propeller and magnet. Clean if appropriate and test before you place them back in the sump compartment.

Good luck and let us know how it works out.

12. TheSurgeonSween

Ok thanks a lot. Its like a vibrating noise but I have tried to reposition and still nada