JBJ 12G Nano Cube

Discussion in 'Product Review Archives' started by Matt Rogers, Oct 18, 2003.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. verbal

verbal Astrea Snail

Hey guys,
    I just got one last week. We were looking for a quarantine tank for our main reef that we could then change to a fragging tank once we had all the fish we wanted.
    We put an aragalive sand bed in it (3" or so), and filled it with some water we took out of our other tank during a water change. Next, we added some LR, and we're cycling!
    Have to admit, its a pretty neat package. The PC lights are great, the pump circulates well. The filtration is probably redudant given the LR and DSB, but what the heck.
    My biggest concern here in the northeast is the temperature. There's no heater! We'll see where the temp goes after the PCs are on their normal light cycles.
    Overall, I like it alot.

2. Click Here!

3. shadoww

shadoww Plankton

I have one of these as well, however I purchased mine soon after they came out. The problem is that the light only comes on when it wants to. If you leave the light switch on all the time it will turn come on at random times, often not for days. I talked with JBJ right after I bought it but since I had paid cash and miss placed the reciept they would not warranty it. I have to check into how much a new ballast is. When I was testing out what the problem was at JBJ's request I took the hood apart and the only thing I was able to find was that the original ballasts are not sealed and a lot of moisture gets into them. I am not sure about the present ones.

Other than that it is a great tank..

4. shadoww

shadoww Plankton

I just got off the phone with JBJ and after explaining my situation again they said that they will honor the warranty. They are sending me out a new ballast.

5. verbal

verbal Astrea Snail

Just noticed a nice design feature. Built into the back of the canopy/lid is an extra rubber seal to accomodate a power cord for a heater or other in-tank electrical appliance. Put a heater in today. Slick!