Jay's Little Ocean AIO Aquarium.

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by JaysLittleOcean, Oct 1, 2015.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. chum

chum Coral Banded Shrimp

not trying to beat a dead horse any more, but the bio load is not helping and adding snails will only add to it. control the nitrates and phophates and lower light intensity and duration if possible.

2. Click Here!

3. Va Reef

Va Reef Giant Squid

IME the bioload added by snails is next to negligible.

The OP is working on controlling nitrates and phosphates, I don't think snails to help would hurt. If the algae simply dies, the decaying stuff just fuels more algae.

DSC reef and JaysLittleOcean like this.
  4. chum

chum Coral Banded Shrimp

make sure your nitrates are to high for the snails. dead snails equal more nitrates and phosphates for the algae. also remove the exoskeleton from the shrimp. they are loaded with phosphates.

5. DSC reef

DSC reef Giant Squid

I don't like sea hares, never worked. A couple turbo snails and manual removal is what worked for me. I've never heard of nitrates killing snails??? My reef always registers 0 for nitrates but when I had the 120 fish only my nitrates were 30 ppm plus all the time and my snails were never bothered and grew quite large. Adding snails will hardly do anything to your bioload jay.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2015
  6. chum

chum Coral Banded Shrimp

any updates ?