Jay's Little Ocean AIO Aquarium.

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by JaysLittleOcean, Oct 1, 2015.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. chum

chum Coral Banded Shrimp

don't worry about finding them a new home. the dominant one will take care of your problem in time. its not about how much you keep them fed, its about who is the king. you either bow to the king or get killed. not trying to be mean, but that is how chromis are in aquariums.

2. Click Here!

3. DSC reef

DSC reef Giant Squid

I've seen plenty of aquariums with multiple chromis living happy together for years. I've kept bonded maroon clowns with other clown species when it said it couldn't be done. No fish is alike. I could add any fish in my 125 with my adult sohal when others would kill anything it didn't grow up with. I don't think your bioload is too heavy jay, definitely maintainable buddy.

4. chum

chum Coral Banded Shrimp

dsc reef i agree it can be done, but not in a tank that small. i had 7 chromis 4 years ago in a 66 gallon and at the beginning of this year i had 3 left. one was picking the others off. i moved them to my 125 that has a harlequin tusk. they did not bow to the king and paid the price.

Vinnyboombatz likes this.
  5. JaysLittleOcean

JaysLittleOcean Spaghetti Worm

I have toilet... So I am pretty sure that make me King! LOL

April Hope, Jim Bonds and DSC reef like this.
  6. Jim Bonds

Jim Bonds Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

Nice build. Looking forward to seeing those SPS grow.

7. JaysLittleOcean

Thank you!

8. Click Here!

9. DSC reef

DSC reef Giant Squid

Jay, how do you like the radio Gen 3? I'm looking to upgrade to led eventually and im looking at the radion, hydra or the orphek Atlantik v3

10. JaysLittleOcean

I actually love it now. Took some getting used to understanding the controls within EcoSmart Live and getting just the right colors and spectrum I wanted. But once you get the swing of things its super easy to use. I'm planning on adding a second one to fill some of the shadowed areas or the aquarium due to my rockwork.

DSC reef likes this.
  11. JaysLittleOcean

Today marks the 70th day that my aquarium has been running and I'm glad to say that within such a long time I'm happy to see that I am able to sustain not only the 10 fish in my aquarium but also about 18 pieces of SPS Corals as well. But as with any maturing aquarium we go through stages of "wow my tank looks amazing" to "why did I get into this hobby". Well after my days of high I have started to hit my first low... Nuisance Algae! I have a rather long photo period running my EcoTech Marine Radion Gen 3 Pro for 12 hours of light that cycles through a variety of spectrum and then about another 2 .5 hours of moonlight split up on either end. End my Nitrates are around 7.5 ppm which I got my attention when it hit 10 ppm. So as of two weeks ago I increased my water changes from 2 gallons per week to 5 gallons per week to address that and see what the results are. My Phosphates have been undetectable by my Salifert test kit and I paid no mind. I have a Innovative Marine MiniMax Media Reactor which holds the recommended 1/4 of AquaMaxx GFO which I used to want to change every 2 months but will be doing so every month due to the algae outbreak. So even with those adjustment I still feel that I need to do more. So I'm going to start the Red Sea Algae Management program and start dosing NO3:pO4X as part of my my maintenance routine and see what results that yields. My delivery is coming today so feel free to tag along to see what results I get from that.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. DSC reef

DSC reef Giant Squid

Congrats jay!! That's a helluva feat to accomplish and one to be proud of. I'm looking forward to many more updates of your tank. I'm amazed at the growth of my reef tank. Can't believe it's been years already and I posted some pics of my clam 3 years ago to present. I love looking at before and after pics to really what's been accomplished. This is a hobby turned passion for me and I love sharing with others.