Jay's Little Ocean AIO Aquarium.

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by JaysLittleOcean, Oct 1, 2015.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. JaysLittleOcean

JaysLittleOcean Spaghetti Worm

Don't let the photographs fool you regarding size. Those aren young Chromis. Plus their happily fed their own weight in food every day. So for now they are behaving.

DSC reef likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. JaysLittleOcean

Thank you. I would love a larger aquarium but with work and family this is manageable and is coming out quite nicely.

4. chum

chum Coral Banded Shrimp

a group of chromis is awesome to watch. i had 7 for about 3 years than one started picking off the others till there was one. maybe you will have better luck. but in such a small tank i would not count on it.

5. Kajung2k

Kajung2k Astrea Snail

Interesting. I have a 125 gallon and had like 13 chromis... 4 months everything was great and then every other week seems like there was one less and now I'm down to one over the last 3 years. Good to know.

6. DSC reef

DSC reef Giant Squid

Looking good jay. Those acros are gonna be amazing with some time. Well done

7. JaysLittleOcean

Thank you just need to get through the newest chapter of this tank as it progresses in age. Algae management. I will post more about it later this evening.

8. Click Here!

9. DSC reef

DSC reef Giant Squid

It's all about learning your tank jay. I actually let algae grow in certain areas of the tank. Keeps levels in check and the tangs love to snack at it here and there. Looking forward to seeing this tank grow my friend.

10. JaysLittleOcean

I couldn't agree more. I actually believe my problem is due mostly to the large bio load I have currently and I love the activity in the aquarium so I just can't bear to think about finding them new homes. I don't want to jump to the Deltec Nitrate filter yet because I still have some design tasks to get that setup the way I want. And my wife always says the fish act like their starving swarming to the front whenever someone comes by the aquarium so reducing their food is not really an option. So the Red Sea Algae Management try is my next logical step.

DSC reef likes this.
  11. DSC reef

DSC reef Giant Squid

I think your on the right track. My bioload is very large and I feed a lot. It took a while for the pellets to kick in but in time the tank found a happy place. Patience will win you this battle

JaysLittleOcean likes this.
  12. JaysLittleOcean

Agreed. I am also considering purchasing two more pumps to get more flow in the aquarium to prevent detritus from settling in portions of the live rock. I already repositioned one Tunze Nano Stream 6095 to a different position and power rating with some nice results. I will explain my reasoning for that as well.

April Hope and DSC reef like this.