Jason's 370G Tank

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by Jason McKenzie, Mar 31, 2006.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. kss2801

kss2801 Montipora Capricornis

Man that's really sad to hear. Maybe try a much longer strip of laminated glass. the stress would then be more distributed and less likely to crack the glass. I used a strip the entire length of the tank.

2. Click Here!

3. clarkkey594

clarkkey594 Aiptasia Anemone

Any update on if you kept the 370 or went on with the 125 and 300 as planned?

4. Seano Hermano

Seano Hermano Giant Squid

Good question, Clarkkey. I would really like to see what has happened recently.

5. Jason McKenzie

Jason McKenzie Super Moderator

Hey Thanks for the interest.
    The 370G was taken down in early January. I have a 120G set up to keep some of my fav fish and coral. Unfortunately some of my tangs that I struggled with getting rid of didn't do well in others tanks. Really broke my heart.
    I just completed a total reno if the basement and there are plans to get another tank but it will likely be closer to a 210G and my not have corals. Might get some none coral friendly fish like angels and puffers.
    the basement looks good with a dark cork floor and LCD TV mounted on the fire place.

J

6. dellyjoe

dellyjoe Teardrop Maxima Clam

wow this tank is just wow i wish i had the money to do something like this. i bet if you have people over you end up just talking around your tank.

7. Otty

Otty Giant Squid

I have been pondering the same thing. I still have the 265 in the garage and haven't filled the hole in the wall with anything. I think I can afford a fish only tank... :lol:

My Achillies and Male blonde Naso did not make it in a friends tank either. Those were my two prize fishes.... sad to see them gone.

Hope it all works out for you J....

8. Click Here!

9. Jason McKenzie

Jason McKenzie Super Moderator

Thanks Scott. You should do it

10. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

Agreed!

11. jbraslins

jbraslins Teardrop Maxima Clam

How come you took it down and are downsizing?

12. sbenus

sbenus Plankton

Wow! Just spend the last few hours reading this thread from start to finish. Don't tell my boss. Am kind of depressed after seeing your gorgeous tank had to be taken down. I have a few questions I hope you won't mind answering for me.
    1. When you had your pink tail trigger, did you have any shrimp or other inverts? I believe they tend to eat them. I used to have one and want another one but don't really want to give up my inverts.
    2. What kind of Angel was that you had? Didn't it nip on your corals?
    3. Any chance you would send me some larger pics of your tank before the perfect storm? You had executed my vision of what I wanted for my 180 gallon tank which was a gorgeous mixed reef. I would not share these pictures. They would be only for my personal use as a guide in converting my LPS tank into a mixed one. if so, my e-mail is [email protected]

Hope you get your new tank the way you like soon

Cheers,

Simon