Jasonanatal's 120 Gallon "Advanced Complexity" Reef Aquarium.

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by Jasonanatal, Feb 12, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Jasonanatal

Jasonanatal Flamingo Tongue

Reply to Rogerstammy.

Rogerstammy, thank you for the compliment on my aquarium.

2. Click Here!

3. Jason McKenzie

Jason McKenzie Super Moderator

Jason,
    Just to let you know the use of a UV sterilizer will kill all the benefits you are trying to archive with Prodibio. Prodibio is live active bacteria
    J

4. Jasonanatal

Reply to Jason McKenzie.

Jason McKenzie, actually I confirmed with Prodibio that the only ampoule that contains live bacteria is Prodibio's Reef Booster. They have instructed that the bacteria is not free floating and must settle on a surface (example: live rock, glass, substrate, etc.). Under Prodibio's direct instruction the UV Sterilizer is to be turned off for 2 hours after the addition of the Prodibio Reef Booster supplement (I leave it off for 1 day). I have not noticed any negative effect using Pridibio supplements in conjunction with a Ultraviolet Sterilizer.

5. Jason McKenzie

Jason McKenzie Super Moderator

Oh Cool, That's good to know. I'm a Zeovit user so UV is 100% a no no

J

6. =Jwin=

=Jwin= Tassled File Fish

This looks almost like my dream tank :D The aquascaping would be different in my opinion...but to each his own. What do you think of the C-Skim? I have its little brother in our 46, the Berlin skimmer. It does a good job. Not amazing, not bad, and it sure pulls out some nasty stuff.

7. baugherb

baugherb Giant Squid

Looks great.... Awesome reading... Thanks for sharing you experiences with us...

8. Click Here!

9. Jasonanatal

Reply to Jason McKenzie.

Jason McKenzie, I was thinking about Zeovit but I couldn't fit the reactor into my setup design.

10. Jasonanatal

Reply to Jwin.

Jwin, thank you for the compliment on my aquarium. Funny thing you should ask since I was just about to place an update on the performance and efficiency of the Protein Skimmer.

11. Jasonanatal

Reply to Baugherb.

Baugherb, thank you for the compliment on my aquarium. It is good to have you tagging along.

12. Jasonanatal

Jasonanatal's 120 Gallon "Natural Simplicity" Reef Aquarium Update.

Equipment: Red Sea C-Skim 1200 Deluxe Protein Skimmer (Performance Over the Long Haul)

I initally purchased the Red Sea C-Skim 1200 Deluxe Protein Skimmer as a temporary device until I could put enough money aside for a Bubble King Mini 180 with Automatic Neck Washing System. However, based on the performance over the past 4 months it has proven to be a pretty efficient Protein Skimmer. It produces 2.5 gallons of dark skimmate with an extremely bad odor every week.

[​IMG]
    Photograph - Sunday, February 09, 2009 - One week of skimmate (2.5 gallons) produced by the Red Sea C-Skim 1200 Deluxe Protein Skimmer.