I've gone to the dark side = update milestone achieved #49

Discussion in 'SPS Corals' started by oldfishkeeper, Jun 9, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. DSC reef

DSC reef Giant Squid

I might go to the darkside on tuesday since I'm driving an hour to a awesome fish store. Do my 3 montipora count??

2. Click Here!

3. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

Nahhh that is just recreational use. ;)

Technically they are small polyp so yeah I guess. Get your self some easy acropora. Your tank is doing beautifully I am sure an easy Millepora would do nicely.

4. DSC reef

DSC reef Giant Squid

Thanks coralline! I'm gonna pick something up tuesday so I'll post picks then. I was thinking of also buying some good led light systems but my T5's are doing so well I don't want to switch now. Lol

5. Chris!

Chris! Banned

Mille's are one of the better starter SPS IMO. Many hardier proven pieces to be had, and give nice color along with the swaying motion with the longer polyps. Don't become a nusance like pocci can (drops pieces that float around the tank ending up in places you don't want/ stings other corals....), and are just overall better and not nearly as weedy as digi, birdsnest etc. Not that those types are horrible but I prefer to keep their entry into my system to a minimal, and more of a background type coral so they don't block other IMO better looking corals.

6. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

Congrats SS! I knew it was a just a matter of time :) Did you read my post about how I envision your adventure to the dark side ? :)

7. DSC reef

DSC reef Giant Squid

Lol, yes I did. I'm gonna try and make your vision a reality. Hopefully tuesday I find a nice piece

8. Click Here!

9. reefnJeff

reefnJeff Pajama Cardinal

Nice oldfishkeeper! I like that coral you have middle right, tank looks great.

10. oldfishkeeper

11. oldfishkeeper

I glued my first SPS frag! Yes, it has begun.......I tore apart my rocks and really didn't pay much attention to all of the other coral - it was the most important to get the stick into the optimal space. Rock rearranging, thinking water change, eyeing PE, I can't stop...