Ive been refered to you and have a few questions.

Discussion in 'DrTim's Aquatics' started by harrison, Apr 13, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. schackmel

schackmel Giant Squid

i personally dont see an issue with one or two of the fish with selected corals. It is the number of fish in a small tank that is a problem. If you are wanting those fish, I would try to save a little and get a bigger tank! I have kept a large golden puffer with a good sized red scorpion fish in a 72g. It had a 75g sump, and a 250 gallon skimmer. We did frequent water changes and never had problems. I say get a 75g tank at least and then you can do what you want! besides one thing you will learn is that the bigger the tank, the easier the care is. A 75g tank is much more forgiving then a 30g tank!

2. Click Here!

3. DrTim

DrTim 3reef Sponsor

Hello - As Schackmel said Renee has a ton of experience which I am sure she would share with about how to keep, how often to feed etc. I think that tank was probably more like 60 gallons and you don't know what filtration she has.

You can set up a tank somewhat like you first describe but you really need to think about it and ask questions like you are doing here and know what you are getting into.

You said this is your first marine tank and Renee's tank is not for a novice in my opinion now you may be one who can be successful but know that it will take work and time and dedication.

Cheers

4. harrison

harrison Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

omg ok wow thats coming from dr.tim. ill try at less corals, and a larger tank around 50 and ill talk to renee more about filtration