Ivan's Planted 40 Breeder

Discussion in 'The Planted Tank' started by irr0001, Aug 22, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. reefmonkey

reefmonkey Giant Squid

Cool! How old is golden? She looks pretty young. Greatest all around dog in the world. I had one growing up, man I loved that dog.

2. Click Here!

3. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

Beautiful fish and dog, congrats

4. irr0001

irr0001 Purple Tang

He's 14 months. He's not going to get real big..which is fine with me. Less hair/food consumption lol They are great dogs. I had one growing up too. Couldn't ever talk my dad into getting another one. I knew it'd be the first dog I'd get "on my own."

5. Nor_Cal_Guy

Nor_Cal_Guy Gigas Clam

I want a golden as well. After the twins are older though..

6. reefmonkey

reefmonkey Giant Squid

...sorry I thought he was a she...I even looked at the pic before typing. D'Oh!
    I would have another if it weren't for all the damn cockle burs here. I primarily hunt pheasants and a yellow lab made more sense. I'd like to have another golden just as a "friend". Man I've never seen any other type of dog that is so mellow and loving.

7. irr0001

irr0001 Purple Tang

Dale turned out to be a pretty good pheasant dog. He's obnoxiously obsessed with "fetch" so bringing the birds back was no problem for him. I spent about 5 hours picking crap off of him after this day lol Luckily pheasant hunting is just a once or twice a year thing. Otherwise he'd be shaved!
    [​IMG]

8. Click Here!

9. reefmonkey

reefmonkey Giant Squid

I couldn't help but smile looking at this pic. I don't know what it is about them but golden retrievers are like "the kids that rode the short bus" HaHa. They are like closet geniuses. LOL
    If you ever find yourself coming to SE South Dakota in the fall, give me a yell. I'll put you on so many birds you'll have a hard time decided which rooster to squeeze the trigger on.

10. irr0001

irr0001 Purple Tang

haha I know what you mean. Man I'm jealous. You're in prime territory. We had a mix of 9 roosters/hens get up at my parents house in central illinois over Thanksgiving..that's the most birds I've seen at one time around there. My dad just started coyote hunting a couple years ago and has really put a dent in the population around the house. I know thats why we saw more birds this year. Hopefully their numbers will continue to grow.

11. reefmonkey

reefmonkey Giant Squid

Believe me, that's the only good thing about this state. Well the fishing can be pretty good too. But it's the pheasants that keep me here. Growing up where I did pheasants were a real prize. You might walk all day and never jump even a hen. I came here after getting married and now I don't even leave the house til 4-4:30 because I'm limited out by the end of the first trip down a row or slough.

12. irr0001

irr0001 Purple Tang

I'm extremely bored tonight. So both of my tank threads are getting some pictures.

I catch him doing this from time to time
    [​IMG]

And a FTS
    [​IMG]

The crypt at the bottom left recently went through a melt. Luckily I ran into a guy at the LFS that knew what was happening. I was about to toss it. Sure enough..new leaves are coming back.