Ivan's Planted 40 Breeder

Discussion in 'The Planted Tank' started by irr0001, Aug 22, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. irr0001

irr0001 Purple Tang

Been a while since I put some pics up. Everything is starting to turn back around and is looking pretty good. I killed all my Anacharis with Flourish excel (read that it kills it AFTER i got through half the bottle..). I planted some more though and it has already doubled in a week.

[​IMG]

New Growth
    [​IMG]

FTS (bushy stuff on the right (can't recall the name..) isn't looking so great. it seems to go through phases. New growth is bright green..old is deteriorating. Suggestions appreciated)
    [​IMG]

Aaaannnd my new bass mount! I had these two mounted separately..but the other night I put them both on one piece of driftwood. Pic doesn't really do it justice since the driftwood is so big. Largemouth on top is 10lb 4oz and the spot on the bottom is 6lb. 2 more bream are on the way to stick on there too.
    [​IMG]

2. Click Here!

3. 4phish

4phish Montipora Digitata

Nice planted tank! Can I ask what you took those nice bass on?

I took my biggest bass this summer (7 3/4 pounds) on a carolina rigged YUM! chartreuse slider.

4. irr0001

irr0001 Purple Tang

Thanks! The spot was taken on a 4" shakey head worm. Largie on a weightless Slug-go. I like my finesse! 7 3/4 sure isn't bad!

5. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

Looks good, hadn't heard excel kills Anacharis. The other plant looks like Ambulia. Needs more light than it is getting in the corner.

6. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

What a wonderful tank. Looks so natural, just a beautiful system.

1 person likes this.
  7. irr0001

irr0001 Purple Tang

That's it. Lighting shouldn't be an issue. The main section that is looking bad is directly under the light. Unless the new growth from the bottom isn't getting enough light and it is taking the nutrients from the upper portion?

8. Click Here!

9. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

The plant looks good to me except the portion right in the corner. It might settle in once your CO2 is all dialed in and everything has had a chance to settle in better.

10. irr0001

irr0001 Purple Tang

Yeah we'll see..I need to get a drop checker or co2 test kit. I'm just guessing right now by setting my controller to keep the pH about .5 less than normal.

11. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

Might be a bit too much light, CO2 should help it stay green though. Maybe you need a wee bit more CO2. May need to keep it from running across the water surface. I never let mine do that so that may be why I am not sure about a suggestion.

12. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

Try to keep the pH between 6.7 and 7.2.