Is your tank overstocked?

Discussion in '3reef Site Polls' started by Matt Rogers, May 1, 2006.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

Is your tank overstocked?

1. Yes!

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  2. No.

25 vote(s)
    75.8%
  3. Not Sure.

3 vote(s)
    9.1%
  1. coral reefer

coral reefer Giant Squid

As far as fish and inverts are concerned-i'm understocked in both tanks 35gal hex and 75gal, though I have a sailfin and yellow tang that will be soon combined in a 125gal reef tank as i'm sellling the 75 gal. Don't know how they will get along!? Corals on the other hand are getting pretty crowded, especially in the 35gal hex. I need to stop buying so that the corals I have now can grow and spread/multiply.
    Can't wait to get the 125 set up and put all the inhabitants of the two tanks into one bigger one!!!

2. Click Here!

3. Dador

Dador Coral Banded Shrimp

I think my hex was overstocked originally. Sadly I had some die off. A flame, and achilles and a coral beuty. I was going too fast adding when I first got started.:worried: :-[ I have now only added corals very very slowly and all is well now. I could see the fish calm as they had more room. The tank now is so peaceful it can be hypnotic.:sultan:

4. Covey

Covey Scooter Blennie

As of yesterday I could had a few pieces of LR and half the bioload I have could live in the body of my skimmer. So I would have to go with understocked!

Last edited: May 12, 2006
  5. sssnake

sssnake Montipora Digitata

After doing some quick multiplication (5 gal per inch of fish) I think I'm where I should be ...... no more fishies for me.

Bummer :)