Resolved is this what i think it is?

Discussion in 'ID This!' started by rosewell22uk, Feb 23, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. rosewell22uk

rosewell22uk Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

hi everyone i have just bought another few chunks of lr to finish my tank and noticed something that i think is aiptasia and im ready to zap it but would like some more opinions on this. the mouth of this creature is cream like, its tenticles are patterned like a tiger but also it has some white hairlike strands and its about 3/3 1/2 inches long and hasnt moved from where it was origionally

Attached Files:

2. Click Here!

3. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

4. DBOSHIBBY

DBOSHIBBY Sleeper Shark

ooo thats a good looking aptasia. i think hes calling for some lemon juice in a syringe right down his throat hahaha

5. rosewell22uk

rosewell22uk Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

before i do inject the little blighter can anyone confirm that this filefish l eat him first as i have one

im led to believe that this is an aiptasia eating filefish, i never thought of it till now. lol
    [​IMG]

6. Dairy

Dairy Astrea Snail

I wouldn't wait for the filefish to decide to eat them, they multiply like crazy, I was told Peppermint shrimp and bought 10 for my 30 gal, well, the aiptasia took over. Bought Aiptasia X, works wonders!!

7. hydrojeff

hydrojeff Montipora Capricornis

goodnight sweetheart!

8. Click Here!

9. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

Yes....that's a bristletail filefish. They often eat aiptasia.

10. blumoon reefers

blumoon reefers Millepora

Several of my local friends have gotten filefish for their tank for aiptasia and swear by them. One guy had hundreds of aiptasias, added a leatherjacket filefish and within 2 weeks was aiptasia free.

I tried one, but he seemed to like my favia and brain more than he liked aiptasia so he had to go!