is this plenty of light for 60 gallon?

Discussion in 'Reef Lighting' started by FISH NEWB, Feb 24, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Night-Rida

Night-Rida Finback Whale

awesome! I glad you took my advice and got the nova 4x54w.. it looks great! now its time for some live rock, etc.. how do you like the t5 unit? reviews? it does look 100% brighter..

2. Click Here!

3. 4phish

4phish Montipora Digitata

I have that same light on my 75g and have no complaints. You will be very happy with that purchase.

4. FISH NEWB

FISH NEWB Astrea Snail

i like the fixture it's great, looks good and is much brighter. i read some reviews and a lot of people had complains about the fan being to loud. but it's not loud at all and plus don't all fans make some noise. the best part of the light is that i can actually place my canopy right on top and it closes fine with no problems. the one thing i don't like is that it has three cords one is for white light switch, the other is for blue antic switch and the last one is for the fan. this is the only thing i don't get why two switches? aren't the lights supposed to come on together, the fan comes on when you plug in.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2010
  5. Night-Rida

Night-Rida Finback Whale

sweet deal for the budget you had set for lighting. IMHO I just sent ya a PM about your other fixture instead of moonlights..

6. pgoodsell

pgoodsell Horrid Stonefish

Nope. Most people start the antics first, then the daylights. Then when you shut them down you turn the daylights off then the antics. I have about 2 hours between the antics and the daylights. This helps simulate a dusk to dawn effect. You'll need to get a timer, so you can set them up.

Here is a sample schedule

11am - Antics on
    1pm - Daylights on
    9pm - Daylights off
    11pm - Antics off

That's how I have mine.

7. Night-Rida

Night-Rida Finback Whale

x2 as above, you'll need to go buy (2) $5 dollar timers from wal-mart,etc.. one setup for actinic/blue bulbs and other on daylight/white bulbs.. and once you get moonlight leds, you can just leave them on 24/7 and once your main lights go off.. they will be more visible for late night entertainment. :)