Is this live rock to big?

Discussion in 'Live Rock' started by SinnyC, Apr 18, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Kirklandp

Kirklandp Coral Banded Shrimp

IMO... I would break it up and make like a tunnel with the pieces. I am more of a natural person and love me some rock. With that there your not going to be able to add "stuff" around the rock so the fish is just going to swim around it. IMO that would get really boring. BUT HEY its yours and i really do love the piece. Have fun with it now and experiment. Theres nothing more disappointing that when everything is thru, noticing your not happy with aquascape.

2. Click Here!

3. Dr.Fragenstein

Dr.Fragenstein Panda Puffer

I say one big boulder piece... I have seen too many rock walls in my day-mine included!

4. tigermike74

tigermike74 Panda Puffer

That rock looks good, but it's really a personal preference thing. It looks like good rock to me, it looks like branch rock to me. I think you may have a bit too much sand in there though, you may run into high nitrate problems in the future.

5. rogerstammy

rogerstammy Peppermint Shrimp

I'm like you, the rock wall is so common. I like the big rock. Plus no worries about critters/fish moving your smaller rocks over onto your corals.

6. bama

bama Humpback Whale

I like it.. you should keep it.. this kind of makes me want to have a few large separated rocks instead of a rock wall consisting of smaller rocks..