Is this ick

Discussion in 'Diseases' started by cnewman, Mar 13, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. cnewman

cnewman Astrea Snail

Is this ick on powder blue tang what do I need to do to get rid of it I have no qt tank

Attached Files:

2. Click Here!

3. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

4. dunc101

dunc101 Flamingo Tongue

Unfortunately, it definitely looks like ich to me. IMO, the only true way to get rid of ich is to QT every fish in the tank and treat every fish for ich and leave the DT fallow for 8-10 weeks...
    I've gone through this before myself... and it wasn't fun, so I feel your pain.

5. cnewman

cnewman Astrea Snail

Ok here is the other problem I also have 2 show size regal tangs,flame tang, scopa, dragon gobie, 4 clowns and 2 damsels in a 225g tank so should I treat all of them also

6. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

I would think long and hard before I moved the fish or treated the tank.

If the symptomatic fish is eating and the other fish are showing no signs I would not make any dramatic changes or interventions.

Unless you plan on the strictest of quarantine from here on out for all additions to the tank and that includes fish and all inverts and corals than treating all the fish maybe a futile action.

JM2C.

7. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

when did you get a 225? Congrats! But like Corrailine said, moving the fish and treating the tank are not a good idea if they're eating. I'd just concentrate on a GREAT diet at this point. Moving them will prob kill them, unless you have a great QT up and running, and even then, if they're eating, leave them be.

8. Click Here!

9. cnewman

cnewman Astrea Snail

I have had since July all I got to upgrade from a 75g bow front thanks to my awesome wife

10. cnewman

cnewman Astrea Snail

I added all the tangs in into the tank at the first of feb

11. cnewman

cnewman Astrea Snail

All the fish eat and swim around well

12. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

congrats and good luck, just soak your nori, mysis, other food in selcon for the next week and maybe some garlic and hope all is well. Will hopefully be fine, works for me.