is this a problem?

Discussion in 'Coral' started by samsdb0, Jun 30, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. samsdb0

samsdb0 Bristle Worm

i got a few acros....and on the base of one of them, there is (what i think is) a couple acans attached right next to it. will it sting it? and dont they need less flow and light anyway?

terrible pic, because thats what i do:

[​IMG]

2. Click Here!

3. Gexx

Gexx Giant Squid

i cant even tell what im looking ar in the pic, not trying to be rude im just saying. but the Acans will put out feeder tentacles a lot so it may sting the Acro depending on how close they are.

4. samsdb0

samsdb0 Bristle Worm

how about now? and yea, i saw the feeder tentacles out last night, which made me think about it....

[​IMG]

5. seabass1

seabass1 Montipora Digitata

I'd "cut my losses" & be safe. Cut the acans off & you should have minimal problems with the 2 pieces.

6. Gexx

Gexx Giant Squid

yea, just move the acans to a different spot if you can. that would be best. acans are a low light med flow coral anyhow. Acros are a high flow high light coral.

7. samsdb0

samsdb0 Bristle Worm

cool

i was just able to break off that small piece....the acans kind of ripped in half, but i put both halves back in in a different spot. maybe theyll grow back