is this a Photoshop coral? or...

Discussion in 'LPS Corals' started by SaltyClown, Apr 25, 2014.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. SaltyClown

SaltyClown Sea Dragon

Lovely.

2. Click Here!

3. Av8Bluewater

Av8Bluewater Giant Squid

I just bought one too.
    I have to say I think the photo is very accurate. It depends on the lighting.
    I was at the NextWave in Dallas today and there were probably 10-15 coral vendors. Probably half had this coral. There must have been a huge shipment from the wholesalers.
    They ranged from 60-$100. I got mine from Steve Tyree for $70.. One head. They varied slightly around the room with different lights but the best one looks just like the photo in the OP. Mine looks just like Chris Adams with daytime lights on. Kinda brown. Better with actinics. It is a coral that grabs your attention under the right lights.
    One vendor called it a "Go Torch". I've never heard of it. Edit: I guess he was saying "Gold" . I tried to get a photo there with my phone for this thread but it just doesn't look the same. To the naked eye it looks just like the OP.

Last edited: May 4, 2014
  4. Ashevillian

Ashevillian Pajama Cardinal

I took this a few months ago with my iphone... it was originally just a two head frag from my main colony

Attached Files:

5. RoloSaez

RoloSaez Millepora

I just got this one at RAP not a golden one though. Picture taken with an iPhone 5s no filters or editing.

Attached Files:

6. DSC reef

DSC reef Giant Squid

Looks just like my frogspawn rolo. I want a hammer and torch just like that with the same colors for my euphyllia garden

7. RoloSaez

RoloSaez Millepora

Ok frogspawn LOL It does look more like a frogspawn. The tentacles are different ;D

8. Click Here!

9. Salmo salar

Salmo salar Flamingo Tongue

Euphelias ROCK! Cool pics guys, thanks for sharing.