is this a Photoshop coral? or...

Discussion in 'LPS Corals' started by SaltyClown, Apr 25, 2014.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

  1. SaltyClown

    SaltyClown Sea Dragon

    Joined:
    Feb 21, 2011
    Messages:
    549
    I'm curious to know if this torch coral is under just actinics and or photoshop? I would love a torch that looks like this. Do any of you have this coral that looks just like this under your day lights? I believe it's a Flaming ghost torch.
     

    Attached Files:

  2. Click Here!

  3. mdbostwick

    mdbostwick Vlamingii Tang

    Joined:
    Feb 21, 2013
    Messages:
    1,899
    Location:
    Canton OH
    To me it looks like the saturation is turned up on the photo.
     
  4. evolved

    evolved Wrasse Freak

    Joined:
    Feb 26, 2010
    Messages:
    4,257
    Location:
    Phoenix, AZ
    It's a gold torch; lighting appears to be somewhat actinic based.

    However, they're really that gold under blues, and still rather gold under whites.
     
  5. Ashevillian

    Ashevillian Pajama Cardinal

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2011
    Messages:
    1,437
    Location:
    Asheville, NC
    Keep in mind, a good photographer has the ability to play with exposure settings, as well as other added effects applied before or even after the photo was taken, this is not including photoshop.

    And for the record, that is an amazing torch coral. If they all looked like that, perhaps they would be much more popular than they already are. I'm a big fan of Euphyllia spp. They are easy to care for, grow fast, and look amazing. I always have to explain to people the difference between my frogspawn and hammer corals, and that of an anemone. Since my both seem to host my occelaris clown, causing people to assume it's an anemone.
     
  6. civiccars2003

    civiccars2003 Great Blue Whale

    Joined:
    Mar 18, 2010
    Messages:
    2,827
    Location:
    Akron Ohio
    This is very nice. Picture filter or not.
     
  7. mdbostwick

    mdbostwick Vlamingii Tang

    Joined:
    Feb 21, 2013
    Messages:
    1,899
    Location:
    Canton OH
    Agreed
     
  8. Click Here!

  9. Billme

    Billme Eyelash Blennie

    Joined:
    Sep 9, 2013
    Messages:
    1,260
    Location:
    Bakersfield, Ca
    I think you can safely assume that most any photos on a website are optimized. Some more than others.
     
  10. oldfishkeeper

    oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

    Joined:
    Aug 13, 2012
    Messages:
    7,660
    Location:
    Cincinnati
    that is a beautiful coral! I agree with others, enhanced or not.
     
  11. Ashevillian

    Ashevillian Pajama Cardinal

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2011
    Messages:
    1,437
    Location:
    Asheville, NC
    As a matter of fact, 99% of all pictures in magazines have been altered in some fashion by Photoshop. The other 1% was forgotten accidentally.
     
    1 person likes this.
  12. 99tmsmith

    99tmsmith Astrea Snail

    Joined:
    Mar 14, 2014
    Messages:
    60
    Location:
    burbank,ca
    wow very cool looking coral!! what is the the green coral on the left side?