Is the AquaController Apex System Worth It?

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by vegasfish, Aug 5, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. vegasfish

vegasfish Feather Star

I hear ya. I was just figuring out what i spent to get the live stock not everything it takes to get it to grow.

2. Click Here!

3. ZachB

ZachB Giant Squid

I've got a post up on that other forum in the neptune systems area, seeing if I can get more details on the probe.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2009
  4. tatted4ever

tatted4ever Clown Trigger

Nice... much better than the ph number I gave...LOL ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2009
  5. ZachB

ZachB Giant Squid

And it looks like the answer is yes, it will be released later this year.

6. Viper3166

Viper3166 Feather Duster

in the same boat temp flux way too much on timers, also would like the instant ph and calcium reactor function along with many other possibilities.

7. Av8Bluewater

Av8Bluewater Giant Squid

Well. They walked me through trying to get this thing going on the computer today. He determined my display module software is corrupt. I had to send it back and pay out of my own pocket $20.31 UPS. I asked them if they want me to pay for the shipping myself and he gave me a corporate account number to use but it's no good unless you go to one of the big distribution center which is a long drive. It will take 6 days to get there. So who knows how long it will take to get one back. I wish now I would have just sent the whole thing back to Marine depot which would have been free and they usually ship you one out right then. Kinda lame that neptune systems is doing this to me. I'll ask later if they are going to reimburse me for shipping. One thing that was nice is there's no phone promps to press this to get this and press that. A guy answers the phone and immediately starts helping you.. so I appreciated that. I'm not giving up on this thing I really like the nice display so I will give them a chance to rectify the situation.

8. Click Here!

9. tatted4ever

tatted4ever Clown Trigger

Im hopin for the best

10. ZachB

ZachB Giant Squid

ReefKeeper Elite v2 with 'net - $550 from Aquacave. Can't wait till it gets here :)

11. Av8Bluewater

Av8Bluewater Giant Squid

Well. I sent mine back. I sent the display back to neptune for corrupt software. Got it back and I still can't get the thing to even turn my lights on and off properly.
    Could be me but I read the manual several time now and I'm tire of messing with it. I may exchange for another and give it one more try.

12. Wes

Wes Astrea Snail

Got it from jj's reef for $450. Pretty much plug and play. I modified my Outer Orbit light fixture to have power plug for each individual light. The Apex is now controlling a very gradual lights on and off and with temperature shut off numbers of light as needed. Love the webpage access and the graphs too. The web access is a bit on the slow side. The iPhone app is convenient, but seems to hang the controller if I do things too fast.