Is My Water OK? I killed 3 fish during acclamation.

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by schabiazabi, Mar 11, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

I knew of a fish store that ran copper. When I told him how bad of an idea this was, he said, "Well, I don't run the full dosage". I shot back with, "Ok, so you're weakening the fish but you aren't keeping the level high enough to get rid of parasites!!! That's the worst of both worlds". He didn't listen to me and now he's out of business.

2. Click Here!

3. schabiazabi

schabiazabi Astrea Snail

Tank

My tank has finally cycled. With the addition of more live rock it went pretty fast.

Also, I think I found another reason why my fish were dying during acclamation. My refractometer was wrong. I calibrated it once and used it for 2 months without calibrating it. That caused errors of about 0.007 in specific gravity.

Well, all is good now and my new fish acclaimed very well.

4. Doratus

Doratus Teardrop Maxima Clam

Not to hijack the thread but are you saying that it would be unsafe to mix/store saltwater in one of those rubbermaid 32 gallon trash containers? I was going to do this but you have me thinking twice...

(this is what I mean)
    [​IMG]

5. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

Last edited: Mar 27, 2011
  6. m2434

m2434 Giant Squid

Doratus, I've stored my RO/Di water in those for years with no detectable issues.

inwall75, thanks for the link :)