Is My Water OK? I killed 3 fish during acclamation.

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by schabiazabi, Mar 11, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. schabiazabi

schabiazabi Astrea Snail

No, I did not add any good bacteria at all. I have no DT. I only have 3 QTs. The one QT with my Queen Angel is something that works. The fish is alive, but I did not take the water from there as that would render the whole QT idea useless.

1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. nc208082

nc208082 Zoanthid

wait wait wait.... You said you are doing things by the book... BUT YET YOU HAVE NO DISPLAY TANK to put the fish into? those qt tanks look like 10 gallons. way too small even for an angel fish. My advice take your fish back to the store so they can be given a good home. next buy a dt tank and start cycling

4. schabiazabi

schabiazabi Astrea Snail

Not offended. I have a DT, but the water did not cycle through. That's what I meant.

My DT picture is attached. Now, you know I'm not bull****ting.

Attached Files:

• t1.jpg
      t1.jpg
      File size:
      82.2 KB
      Views:
    • t2.jpg
      t2.jpg
      File size:
      88.6 KB
      Views:
  5. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

6. PetMother

PetMother Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

Why did you get fish without your tank finishy cycling? Putting 3 fish in at once after a cycle could cause a disaster :S

7. schabiazabi

schabiazabi Astrea Snail

Because my DT had already Nitrite that was dropping. My quarantine process takes 6 weeks. By the time the quarantine would end the DT would be ready. I never said I would add 3 fish in at once.

8. Click Here!

9. nc208082

nc208082 Zoanthid

okay your new to the hobby and seem like you want to do it properly so please listen to the advise your given. if you want to do this right get your pocket book out and start being patient. buy some live rock, dump it in your tank and start doing research on the equipment you need. those hang on filters are crap. and only use rodi water. Thats my advice to start

10. SushiGirl

SushiGirl Barracuda

Nice looking tank, but you're not going to get a proper tank running without rock in it. The rock and sand harbor the bacteria that is needed to break down ammonia to nitrite to nitrate.

How did you cycle the DT? And what did you do to the QTs to properly assure there was bacteria in there to break down the ammonia?

trapster, dude, calm down. No need to be snotty. There are other boards where that's common, this one isn't...which is why many of us are here.

11. nc208082

nc208082 Zoanthid

lol i use one too on my cardinal tank but i also converted it to a fuge, but im guessing he has it filled with cartidges and is becoming a nitrite and ammonia trap

12. schabiazabi

schabiazabi Astrea Snail

you havent mentioned a skimmer - No skimmer as of now in the DT and no skimmers in the QTs
    filtration yet - Fluval 405
    what canister filter is that on the end of your tank - Fluval 405
    what substrate is that? - Taiwan crushed coral
    lighting? - LED Custom Built.

Am I going nuts here? People, I have more than one tank. One tank is a DT (75). It has live rock in it. The picture is old. The QTs with no live rock and hang on back filters are nothing more than QTs.