Is my torch coral healthy?

Discussion in 'Coral' started by yheartsp, Jun 17, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. yheartsp

yheartsp Purple Spiny Lobster

27 is your room temp? i hate malaysian weather too. :p
    anyway the very bleached RBTA in the middle, i'm feeding it 1/4 inch of meat everyday till it regains it's colour. is that too much? :confused:

2. Click Here!

3. irr0001

irr0001 Purple Tang

no! I'd die if my apartment was 81 F! lol that's my tank temp

edit: I don't know much about nems..but i think every day is too much..i would go with 2-3 times a week..maybe..I'm sure someone else can give you better instructions!

4. yheartsp

hey..

i realise my corals aren't so happy anymore after i introduced the chiller.. one of the branches of my torch coral is dead, and the other one not so good.. my glove and buttons doesn't seem happy too..

the night before i introduced the chiller, i put a fan on it, the temp dropped from 28.5 to 26.3c the following morning, then i got the chiller and set it to 25.5. is the temp fluctuation that killed my torch?

water parameters
    ammonia nitrite -0
    nitrate 10ppm
    sg 1.024 ph 8.3
    alkalinity - 8dkh
    calcium 560
    magnesium 1140

Should i just set the temp to 26.5 so that it'll chill when it reaches 28.5? i'm at a loss here.. thought everything would be better after i got a chiller

5. irr0001

irr0001 Purple Tang

yeah it sounds like your temp dropped to fast and freaked everything out...but now that it's already down don't try to bring it back up that will just confuse everything even more..i would just leave it how it is and keep it steady and hope everything recovers

6. yheartsp

oh no.. could it be high phosphates? i kinda have a red slime algae bloom now. and i've been feeding them blended meaty stuff alot. though i stopped and used pellets more after seeing those algae. my BTA seems to be troubled now too. aaah

7. Swisswiss

Swisswiss Caribbean Reef Squid

always read torch corals need a medium - high defused flow...