Is my PetCo telling me lies?????

Discussion in 'New To The Hobby' started by HelpMe!, May 12, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blackraven1425

blackraven1425 Giant Squid

I'll tell you now, do research before you buy anything. It'll save you all sorts of headaches when dealing with saltwater.

I wouldn't even put this incident on PetCo itself at that point of ridiculousness; the guy who was telling you obviously didn't know a thing. I would go to the manager of the store and bring it up there, because if anyone can do something about the incident (even just prevent it from happening again), it would be them.

If the manager sides with the sales associate, that's a case for the better business bureau and some websites that deal with scams perpetrated by companies.

I doubt you can sue for anything, but you can definitely let people know if the manager isn't willing to work with you.

2. Click Here!

3. GuitarMan89

GuitarMan89 Giant Squid

I do apologize if I come of as doubtful or condescending, but I've seen many threads similar to this that are started by people who have nothing better to do then cause trouble. If your situation is true, the best advice is to return everything you can livestock wise and start over. You need to understand what a cycle is, appropriate fish for that sized tank, filtration, parameters etc.

4. elweshomayor

elweshomayor Giant Squid

I agree with GuitarMAn.. i gave you my advice because i thought you do need help... Hoping you are not just wasting people's time again.. if this is true then you should follow our advice and start properly
    well as for suing i think it would be a loss of your time and money... In my opinion.
    I say this because there was as much fault from you as from the LFS guy.. dont take it the wrong way..i mean you didnt do your research before buying...:-/

5. GuitarMan89

GuitarMan89 Giant Squid

I was only asking as some of your comments sounded very immature and as I've mentioned, usually younger kids post the threads that I've been referring to.

6. ZachB

ZachB Giant Squid

Personally, over 3 tangs and anemone, I would strongly advise against suing them. You know, maybe it's just me, but their house is probably bigger than yours (figuratively speaking). They have corporate lawyers and millions of dollars at their disposal against frivolous lawsuits. So don't take this the wrong way, but that's a very bad idea and would probably not make it past the planning stages.

Learn from (your) mistakes, talk to people here, be nice, research, and plan for the appropriate inhabitants of your 20 gallon tank, or buy a larger one, and again, research, learn from your mistakes, and go slow.

7. HelpMe!

HelpMe! Guest

I will have to go there tomorrow and see what the manager says. It was not my fault for one. I just went there to browse and the employee suckered me into buying these things. He said they would be Ok if I added the Bio Spira. I am going to see what this will turn out to be, and hoepfuly he will rectify the situation.

8. Click Here!

9. WhiskyTango

WhiskyTango Eyelash Blennie

Welcome to 3reef and sorry about the BS and rough start.
    Since that Petco employee has such a great sense of humor, I'm sure he would get a good laugh at you unloading an entire magazine of frozen paintballs into his back and stomach.

10. HelpMe!

HelpMe! Guest

That's Ok, I can understand that. I wish I were lying and not out all this money and the livestocks lives. I feel so bad for going there today.. Wish people knew what kind of employees were working there and taking advantage of beginners.

11. GuitarMan89

GuitarMan89 Giant Squid

IMO, best case scenario is that the employee is fired. However, being a much larger corporate pet store, I imagine their policy is sell whatever and as much as possible.

Maybe it's me, but I wouldn't buy any pet without knowing how to take care of it, time involved, expense, feeding requirements etc. Your situation just seems strange to me.

12. HelpMe!

HelpMe! Guest

This is just so terrible though. I do not think it should be legal to take advantage of someone like that.. There is nothing I can do legally??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.