Is my anemone sick?

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by muskrat, Jun 5, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. civiccars2003

civiccars2003 Great Blue Whale

I wouldn't feed it quite yet.

2. Click Here!

3. CODEE111

CODEE111 Peppermint Shrimp

How long has it been since you fed him?

I have a Rose Bubble Tip that swells then will deflate. At times, mine looks a little bleached but she seems to be healthy.

The important thing is he survived your trip and in my opinion looks pretty good.

4. muskrat

muskrat Bristle Worm

I tried to feed him a week ago. Prior to that he just spread his tentacles and ate leftover food that the pumps would bring his way plus it looked like the percula was feeding him - he survived this way for two months.

5. CODEE111

CODEE111 Peppermint Shrimp

It sounds like he is getting some food but maybe he just doesn't like the food you're offering.

What have you been trying to feed him?

I know of 3 anemones that are refusing Krill right now but love the little frozen squid cubes and brine shrimp. Maybe a little variety would entice him to feed.

6. muskrat

muskrat Bristle Worm

mysis shrimp. he's picky as hell

7. bvb-etf-luva

bvb-etf-luva Banned

moving him will do nothing but harm, alot of btas are brown naturally. this is no sign of a unhealthy nem. it looks like its doing great and i wouldnt mess around with him at all.

8. Click Here!

9. muskrat

muskrat Bristle Worm

he seems fine. he moved in between two rocks and gets less light now. I guess mine hates too much light.

10. bvb-etf-luva

bvb-etf-luva Banned

what is your lighting again? sorry if it was posted and i missed it. but often times nems such as condys btas ltas and others do not like such powerful light and do great under power compacts or t5's but they can be acclimated to pretty much anything.

11. muskrat

muskrat Bristle Worm

T5 is the lighting

12. muskrat

muskrat Bristle Worm

well guys he didn't make it. I'm completely bummed about this because I feel terrible, it's my fault. he turned himself completely inside out and was the size of a silver dollar at best. now the clown looks lost. is there anything I could put in the tank, later down the road of course, that the clown would host and isn't difficult to keep?