Is my anemone sick?

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by muskrat, Jun 5, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. civiccars2003

civiccars2003 Great Blue Whale

Aren't parameters essentially stable after a cycle?

2. Click Here!

3. Jason McKenzie

Jason McKenzie Super Moderator

I think there is a difference between telling someone their anemone will die if they put it in a fully cycled tank that is 2 months old and going slow to ensure a healthy system. There are a thousand things I would not recommend putting in a 2 month old tank A Lincia star (mind you I'd advise getting one at all) A Manderin Dragonet I could go on. But the important message is to offer advises based on knowledge and experience and be able to justify you advise

J

1 person likes this.
  4. thepanfish

thepanfish Flying Squid

Both Khowst and Jason bring up valid points, I like the specific maturity vs reefer maturity thing. K+

5. insanespain

insanespain Ocellaris Clown

My exact thoughts too. People are constantly running around the forums spouting off random "time requirements" for things like this. I would love to know who dreams up these completely random requirements. Once a tank is cycled and the params stabilize, I dont see any difference between when the tank is cycled to 6 months or 10 months. Besides that, every tank is different and there are SOOO many variables that its completely ridiculous to tell someone wait 6 months to put "this" in your tank.

+1

6. bvb-etf-luva

bvb-etf-luva Banned

look you guys can run a tank the way you want, just waiting is how you play it safe. its how i play it safe and its how every beginner should and thats why i suggested it. you more experienced reefers can run your tanks how you like.

7. khowst

khowst Bangghai Cardinal

dude, just relax a little bit. nobody said you were wrong. like jason said its all opinion, and in fact I even stuck up for your opinion.... to a extent. there is no need to rage or start the experience challenging again. please dont derail the thread into a ego contest.

8. Click Here!

9. bvb-etf-luva

bvb-etf-luva Banned

that post was not supposed to sound that harsh, all i meant is that for a beginner its best to play it safe there are many things that could go wrong if you buy a nem right when your tank cycles. many experienced aquarists do do this but its not the best idea for a beginner.

10. grinder37

grinder37 Whip-Lash Squid

Man,you need to speak up and say what you mean way earlier and save a bunch of misguided confusion.For instance-I now completely agree with your statement.It's not whether the nem would live or die,in a newly cycled tank,who knows?,it's about premoting responsible reefing for those who are here searching for this info. and theres not a thing wrong with advising someone to take there time.Go slow and let it grow.

11. civiccars2003

civiccars2003 Great Blue Whale

Okay. Back on topic. You had mentioned you were moving it to another tank. Yea? Give it some time to adjust to it's new environment.

Can we get an update on it's condition?

12. khowst

khowst Bangghai Cardinal

Now, I quoted this not to create issues but rather show what grinder is talking about & why people are frustrated & newer people get confused. See why people are a little frustrated here? Thats just this thread btw.

agreed back to the present.... how's it looking today?