Is my anemone sick?

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by muskrat, Jun 5, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. muskrat

muskrat Bristle Worm

another quick question.

what should I do since I plan on being completely moved over to the new tank by middle of next week? I've sold my nano, certainly can't keep it for another three to four months.

2. Click Here!

3. bvb-etf-luva

bvb-etf-luva Banned

im not quite getting what you mean, you plan to transport all your livestock and such to a new tank?

4. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

The tips of the tentacles are blunted rather than a smooth tapering. The last image looks more like a BTA to me than any other anemone.

Will the new tank be completely cycled and for how long if cycled?

Are you cycling it with LR?

5. muskrat

muskrat Bristle Worm

yes there is live rock.
    the new tank is two months old and has three cardinals. Everything has already spiked and has been normal for five weeks.

6. bvb-etf-luva

bvb-etf-luva Banned

i wouldnt put them in there theyll die

7. muskrat

muskrat Bristle Worm

too late. I had no choice and realize I'm in over my head so please help. Here he is 8 hours after the transfer. Second picture is him spitting zooanthellae. Third picture is him 10 minutes ago. I'm thinking not good and I'm leaving town tomorrow for four days. Should I take him out? I hate to do this
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Click Here!

9. bvb-etf-luva

bvb-etf-luva Banned

you may be able to pull it off it looks pretty good, but if your really not feeling good about it go to the lfs and see if like for 10 bucks theyll hold it for the 4 days or however long you need. i think with careful supervision and good husbandry to the tank it can do good even tho its not mature enough.

10. muskrat

muskrat Bristle Worm

Problem is that I'm leaving at 5 a.m. I'll try one last time tonight to feed the guy but he did close up when I checked his perch to make sure he was still attached. I'm sure he's still aggravated to say the least.

11. Jason McKenzie

Jason McKenzie Super Moderator

I don't really see a problem. Your tank had a good cycle and you have said your parameters are in check. It could be upset by the move, but it is still inflated and extended.

I don't believe this is true, based on the information you have given.

12. muskrat

muskrat Bristle Worm

Ok he stays but with strict orders to pull it should he shrivel or start falling apart. Heard too many horror stories about them whipping out tanks