Is Marine Depot really that popular?

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by Servillius, Feb 21, 2014.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Servillius

Servillius Montipora Digitata

Or did something odd happen with the website that it shows up as vastly the most talked about subject on these forums?

No disrespect to Marine Depot who I shop with regularly and whose service I enjoy.

1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. chumslickjon

chumslickjon Purple Spiny Lobster

You're talking about them and researching them.

4. Gresham

Gresham Great Blue Whale

5. chumslickjon

chumslickjon Purple Spiny Lobster

MD charges too much money to ship bulbs. Other than the last few sales they've lost from me because of shipping policies, I like them.

6. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

They tag every thread of theirs with 'Marine Depot.' :)

7. Av8Bluewater

Av8Bluewater Giant Squid

They do an awesome job. I've spent a lot of money at other places during the last year simply because I can't get the product I wanted at MD... and vice versa.
    I buy Prodibio products lately and can't find it at my other favorite retailer.
    They have regular sales for 50% off of prodibio. Hard to beat that. If you find it cheaper they will price match about anything. I agree about the bulbs shipping thing though. I will probably be buying my bulbs from somewhere else shortly for that and they don't have the bulbs I want.
    I much prefer the website on BRS. . Much easier to navigate, better pictures.
    Usually I try to wait until I meet the free shipping min and order a bunch of stuff from whoever has the big item I need.

1 person likes this.
  8. Click Here!

9. PghSteeler

PghSteeler Tassled File Fish

MD is one ofthe few I havnt ordered from!! I use mostly BRS and DrfosterandSmith along with amazon. I have used SaltySupply,marineandreef, and BigAls though with no problems just seems when it comes to shipping and having what I need BRS and DrFosterandSmith are my best options.

Would liek to try MD someday though, I use their website regualrly to read reviews on products and research future purchases!! Also enjoy their videos along with the BRS videos and I wish both companies the best of luck going forward as it is only a benefit to this hobby! Mayb e someday I can be on their product test team would be nice ;)

Last edited: Feb 21, 2014
  10. tuanhoang314

tuanhoang314 Plankton

lol the only reason i don't buy from marine depot is that it is 20 minutes away from my house so im to cheap to pay for them to ship stuff but to lazy to drive 15 miles.

11. Reef2Keep

Reef2Keep Purple Spiny Lobster

haha....I'm somewhat similar but usually make the drive to pickup. I actually did the math my last order and gas was cheaper than the shipping. So I usually suck up my laziness ;D

12. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

I'm thinking you meant used and not sued pgh. Or is it just really easy to sue on-line marine merchants? :)