is it threadworm?

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by JConner, Oct 8, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. JConner

JConner Plankton

Hello we have a Ocellaris Clownfish we have been having what we think is a thread worm problem. i have been doing a freshwater dip and the "threadworm" falls off and got another one the next day. he looks perfectly heathy so i thought it was just poo but if let go it will stay on him all day. i don't have any pictures of it right now but if it comes back i will take a picture.

Tank
    75g sw
    405 fuval. polishing pads top, Biomax next, Carbon next two media trays
    80 degrees f
    8.0ph
    1.023 gravity 32 salinity
    nitrite is 0.2 nitrate 2.5
    ammonia 0.5
    tank has been up for 3 weeks yes it was rushed :cry:
    about 60lbs of live sand
    17 or so lbs of lace rock and 3 lbs of dead coral
    we have:
    2 Ocellaris Clowns
    1 bi-color
    1 dragon goby
    1 yellow tail damsel in qt right now for color fade and a ripped up fin we had two but they wouldn't leave each other alone now i have a hurt fish and a dead one i am treating the live one with quickcure and freshwater dip.

I know we have alot of fish in the tank only after 3 weeks. the tank hasn't cycled yet this whole thing was rushed. I am not very happy about it i would have liked to put in LR and let it cycle with no livestock but i have no control over it so I'm doing my best to try and keep it going. Thanks for any advice.