Is it just me or does the Eshopps PF800 Suck?

Discussion in 'Filters, Pumps, etc..' started by Nvizn, Jun 23, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Nvizn

Nvizn Montipora Digitata

Very interested. I'll have to give that shot! I notice he has 2 overflow hoses. Hmm, I may have to try that. With the old 3/4" PVC, I could toss in a rubber hose into the PVC to add to it's siphon and it would quite right down. I tried that same concept, rubber hose in the 1 1/4" PVC and the noise probably increased.

2. Click Here!

3. blackraven1425

blackraven1425 Giant Squid

The number of siphon tubes won't have any effect on the noise, but can mess up the siphon since water won't be flowing fast enough to pull out any air bubbles.

4. Nvizn

Nvizn Montipora Digitata

Would that be the same as just using rubber hose I can purchase from Lowe's? What would be a good size? The bulkhead is 1 1/4" but it seemed I had better success when I was using the 3/4" PVC. Is there any advantage to PVC over rubber hosing?

Yes, I have some leftover plexy glass that I was intending to use to fab a cover.

5. Nvizn

Nvizn Montipora Digitata

Yes, but I should be able to sit down and watch television or hold a conversation in the living room without some excessively annoying noise in the background.

6. homegrowncorals

homegrowncorals Ribbon Eel

Maybe you need to sit in your favorite chair with every thing off but the tank and shoot a video clip so we can see how it sounds from across the room and we can tell you if its normal sounds or excessive and then you can decide weather to keep the sump idea or to scrap it. some folks just cant stand the sound of water running, my dads wife had a problem with noise bothering her to and the sound of my tank running kept her from staying at my house when they came to visit. :(

7. reefmonkey

reefmonkey Giant Squid

Neither of the two pf-300's sound like toilets. As a matter of fact when I sit right in front of my tanks the only sound I hear is the water flowing into the sump.

8. Click Here!

9. blackraven1425

YIKES RM! That's one big ol' air bubble ready to mess up your day lol

10. reefmonkey

reefmonkey Giant Squid

you know nothing. the air bubble is fine and will not effect anything. It's a fuge dude and the flow is around 160 gallons.

1 person likes this.
  11. blackraven1425

You know nothing. The air bubble will mess up your day when more bubbles hit it, since they tend to group together into ever-larger bubbles.

I mean, that one didn't mysteriously appear on its own or anything.

12. xmetalfan99

xmetalfan99 Giant Squid

LMAO, you just made my day.

Ever think people do certain things for a reason? Just because something is against the norm or not what you believe doesn't mean that it is wrong or will not work.

1 person likes this.