Is ASM now Octopus / Skimmer recomendations

Discussion in 'Protein Skimmers' started by fishflyer, Oct 10, 2006.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. PDIDDY

PDIDDY Plankton

Marine tech HSA 250 User Manual

I just purchased the HSA 250 used and it did not come with the manual. Do you have anything in email form that would help me set this up. I have it almost perfect but I am either not getting the bubbles all the way too the top or they are just pouring out. I have adjusted the lever below and the air vavled but can't get it perfect.
    I am wondering if the water outlet on the bottom is supposed to be completely submerged or if I am supposed to attach PVC to get it above the sump water line. Please help.

2. Click Here!

3. ReefPlayground

ReefPlayground 3reef Sponsor

Well, there are some fairly big misconceptions there. Here's an analogy for what asmskimmers.com were doing: They took a bottle of coke, added different flavorings to it, and then went on to resell it as coke. ASM has no issues with modifying their products, there are several places that do that, what they had a problem with was editing their product and selling it as the original.

BTW, almost EVERY manufacturer of product has a suggested or mandatory MSRP price for their products, which is issued to every seller when they become a distributor and has to be followed by the seller. Thats not price fixing. Price fixing is if I went to my competitors and we all agreed to raise the price by $xx.xx or lower the price by $xx.xx to run someone else out. When a manufacturer gives you a price range in which to operate, they are protecting the integrity of their product.